SSL accelerator

Panagiotis Bariamis
Hello ,
Has anyone used ssl accelerators cards for squid under FreeBSD ?
I want mostly to offload processors of ssl bump .

Re: SSL accelerator

On 01/05/18 03:37, Panagiotis Bariamis wrote:
> Hello ,
> Has anyone used ssl accelerators cards for squid under FreeBSD ?
> I want mostly to offload processors of ssl bump .

Squid just uses the OpenSSL (or recently GnuTLS) APIs for the actual
encrypt/decrypt functionality. We only reimplement parts of the TLS
handshake and session management in Squid code.

So the answer to your question is more whether the TLS/SSL library Squid
is built with uses accelerators. Changing your search to focus on that
aspect may lead you to an answer better/faster.

AFAIK; OpenSSL does for most algorithms, LibreSSL likewise for those
which it has not purged yet, and GnuTLS does for some algorithms but not
others.