Squid 2.7 alternative to " acl okStatus http_status 302 http_reply_access allow okStatus "

Squid 2.7 alternative to " acl okStatus http_status 302 http_reply_access allow okStatus "

SnowyGrant
We have an installation stuck on Squid 2.7, and need a way to deal with 302
Temporarily Redirected not working.

I see on 3.0+ I could use :

 acl okStatus http_status 302
   http_reply_access allow okStatus

But this isn't supported on 2.7

I'm seeing some old threads on using "rep_header Location" but haven't been
able to get any of them working properly.

If anyone has gotten this working, could you let me know what is working for
you?

Re: Squid 2.7 alternative to " acl okStatus http_status 302 http_reply_access allow okStatus "

On 26/01/18 04:24, SnowyGrant wrote:
> We have an installation stuck on Squid 2.7, and need a way to deal with 302
> Temporarily Redirected not working.

Can you explain what "not working" means exactly?

ie. What is it you are wanting to happen versus what is actually happening?

Also, what reason is forcing this installation to stay on 2.7?

Re: Squid 2.7 alternative to " acl okStatus http_status 302 http_reply_access allow okStatus "

SnowyGrant
"not working" means the client doesn't complete the redirect, just dies on a
blank page.

On 26/01/18 04:41, SnowyGrant wrote:
> "not working" means the client doesn't complete the redirect, just dies on a
> blank page.

HTTP does not contain any such concept as "page".

So ... what is *actually* happening at the HTTP level that Squid
operates with?
 please provide details in your answer of HTTP messages that are
happening on both network connections, and your squid.conf *_access
rules - all of them not just the ones you think are relevant.