Squid 3.5.23 Freeze my Debian 4.9

hexujap
Hello everyone I tried to find a solution to my case, I mounted a Debian in a Vmware Esxi 6.5 with the following features:

1 NIC 100/1000
1 Core 3.3 Ghz
1 GB RAM
50 GB HARD DRIVE

I only have it so that it serves as a caching proxy to a pool of 25 users in my network and it works but nevertheless reaches a point that shoots me to 100% the processor and hangs me the whole operating system leaving without internet to my users and I must restart.

Where should I start investigating the possible failure?

Thanks for your readings and comments.