Squid - Read Error

Mohamed Adhil
Dear ,

I am getting following error on my squid box

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.com/

The following error was encountered:

* Read Error

The system returned:

(104) Connection reset by peer

An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please retry
your request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

I am not sure where to begin to look!  I've cleared the cache and reviewed the
config file.  I am at a loss.  Nothing changed and it's been working for years!

And one more thing, we can access other web sites. And some of the web sites I
am getting this message after some time its working

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for any help

Re: Squid - Read Error

On 20/02/11 18:05, Mohamed Adhil wrote:

> Dear ,
>
> I am getting following error on my squid box
>
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>
> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.com/
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> * Read Error
>
> The system returned:
>
> (104) Connection reset by peer
>
> An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please retry
> your request.
>
> Your cache administrator is webmaster.
>

> I am not sure where to begin to look!  I've cleared the cache and reviewed the
> config file.  I am at a loss.  Nothing changed and it's been working for years!
>

> And one more thing, we can access other web sites. And some of the web sites I
> am getting this message after some time its working
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Squid is attempting to read a reply from some remote server. But the
server disconnects unexpectedly.
  This can happen for any number of small TCP interactions. Usually
short lived and not repeating.
   First thing to do is check that your squid.conf negative_ttl setting
is at "0 seconds". If it is higher then it will expand a short temporary
error into a full DoS for the length of time it is set to.

Being a TCP problem the easiest way to trace this is via the raw
packets. If you can find a site and request which always has the problem
the packet trace of one such request will show what is happening.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5

Re: Squid - Read Error

Mohamed Adhil
Dear Amos,

I changed negative_ttl setting
is at "0 seconds".

I did trace also( trace root is workig fine)  but sitll i am getting same read
error.

Some times working. some time i am getting read error.

regards,

On 28/02/11 19:16, Mohamed Adhil wrote:
> Dear Amos,
>
> I changed negative_ttl setting
> is at "0 seconds".
>
> I did trace also( trace root is workig fine)  but sitll i am getting same read
> error.

What I mean by packet trace is a complete record of the packets used
during one such broken transaction. Usually this is generated by tcpdump
with the -s0 option. Using that you will be able to see where the RST
came from and hopefully what was sent (or not sent) that caused it.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5

Re: Squid - Read Error

kenedycruz14
HOLA tengo el mismo problema, disculpa por escribir en español
tenia un server squid3.1 con ubuntu desde hace 4 años y nunca tuvo problemas, pero de hace dos meses empezo a dar ese mismo error fue tanto el problema de mi empresa que tuve que hacer un server proxy nuevo debian8.7+squid3,4 pero resulta ser que tengo el mismo problema no se resolvio nada, deshabilite el ipv6 por que en los foros decia que era eso pero nada y solo es con los dominios de google si uso bing.com funciona de maravilla creo que deben hacer algo por esto