Squid error BUG 3279: HTTP reply without Date:

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Squid error BUG 3279: HTTP reply without Date:

tmblue@gmail.com

I moved to a different disk today. System was down, I rsyncd the cache directory over, including everything and the swap files etc. Squid starts just fine but Im seeing this error once a minute or more.

Also note, I stopped the system, moved it back to the original disk and I'm getting these errors. Nothing has changed on the original disk, so i'm unclear what is happening here.


Any ideas?


Older version squid-3.3.8, on CentOS7



2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| WARNING: 1 swapin MD5 mismatches

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| Could not parse headers from on disk object

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| BUG 3279: HTTP reply without Date:

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->key: 1D4C79DC5531AC306DBD45596D4CC750

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->next: 0x7f32c7e7cb68

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->mem_obj: 0x7f32c3d210e0

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->timestamp: -1

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->lastref: 1485918367

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->expires: -1

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->lastmod: -1

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->swap_file_sz: 0

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->refcount: 1

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->flags: CACHABLE,PRIVATE,FWD_HDR_WAIT,VALIDATED

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->swap_dirn: -1

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->swap_filen: -1

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->lock_count: 2

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->mem_status: 0

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->ping_status: 2

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->store_status: 1

2017/01/31 19:06:07 kid1| StoreEntry->swap_status: 0

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| Could not parse headers from on disk object

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| BUG 3279: HTTP reply without Date:

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->key: C495C7711862F69E6EC9FE951E20951E

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->next: 0x7f32ea109928

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->mem_obj: 0x7f32c4890060

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->timestamp: -1

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->lastref: 1485918368

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->expires: -1

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->lastmod: -1

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->swap_file_sz: 0

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->refcount: 1

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->flags: CACHABLE,DISPATCHED,PRIVATE,FWD_HDR_WAIT,VALIDATED

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->swap_dirn: -1

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->swap_filen: -1

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->lock_count: 3

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->mem_status: 0

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->ping_status: 2

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->store_status: 1

2017/01/31 19:06:08 kid1| StoreEntry->swap_status: 0


_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Squid error BUG 3279: HTTP reply without Date:

Amos Jeffries
Administrator
On 1/02/2017 4:09 p.m., Tory M Blue wrote:

> I moved to a different disk today. System was down, I rsyncd the cache
> directory over, including everything and the swap files etc. Squid starts
> just fine but Im seeing this error once a minute or more.
>
> Also note, I stopped the system, moved it back to the original disk and I'm
> getting these errors. Nothing has changed on the original disk, so i'm
> unclear what is happening here.
>
>
> Any ideas?
>
>
> Older version *squid*-3.3.8, on CentOS7
>

Squid is loading things that were provided to it without a Date header
out of the cache. It cannot handle that. Current versions will
synthesize a Date and Last-Modified if needed - which resolves most
cases of this problem. 3.3 does not have that improvement, it just
detects the bug and warns as it drops the object.

This can happen if you have refresh_pattern config options overriding
various of the caching headers. Squid can be fooled by those
override-*/ignore-* options into thinking it can re-use the object but
realy it lacks the headers to do so.

The warnings should gradually disappear as the old data in the cache
gets found and dropped. If it continues you should consider an upgrade.
You can find more up to date packages for CentOS at the links here:
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/CentOS>


Amos

_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Squid error BUG 3279: HTTP reply without Date:

tmblue@gmail.com


On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 7:29 PM, Amos Jeffries <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 1/02/2017 4:09 p.m., Tory M Blue wrote:
> I moved to a different disk today. System was down, I rsyncd the cache
> directory over, including everything and the swap files etc. Squid starts
> just fine but Im seeing this error once a minute or more.
>
> Also note, I stopped the system, moved it back to the original disk and I'm
> getting these errors. Nothing has changed on the original disk, so i'm
> unclear what is happening here.
>
>
> Any ideas?
>
>
> Older version *squid*-3.3.8, on CentOS7
>

Squid is loading things that were provided to it without a Date header
out of the cache. It cannot handle that. Current versions will
synthesize a Date and Last-Modified if needed - which resolves most
cases of this problem. 3.3 does not have that improvement, it just
detects the bug and warns as it drops the object.

This can happen if you have refresh_pattern config options overriding
various of the caching headers. Squid can be fooled by those
override-*/ignore-* options into thinking it can re-use the object but
realy it lacks the headers to do so.

The warnings should gradually disappear as the old data in the cache
gets found and dropped. If it continues you should consider an upgrade.
You can find more up to date packages for CentOS at the links here:
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/CentOS>


Thanks Amos, glad to see you are still around kicking!!

refresh_pattern . 0 0% 0 ignore-reload , that's what I have in my config. Anything I can do here to sway it from being whiney :)

And ya i'm a bit behind for sure!!

Tory 

_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Squid error BUG 3279: HTTP reply without Date:

Amos Jeffries
Administrator
On 1/02/2017 4:47 p.m., Tory M Blue wrote:

>
> Thanks Amos, glad to see you are still around kicking!!
>
> refresh_pattern . 0 0% 0 ignore-reload , that's what I have in my config.
> Anything I can do here to sway it from being whiney :)
>
> And ya i'm a bit behind for sure!!
>
> Tory
>

Okay. Nothing that I'm aware of in the config.

There is a patch to silence it again, but if you are re-building you
might a well build the latest and do the upgrade.

Amos

_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Loading...