Squid monitoring / Is it possible using squidclient command to retrieve only one metric ?

Squid monitoring / Is it possible using squidclient command to retrieve only one metric ?

John Duff
Hello,

I'm need to monitor squid activity. There're only somes values reported by squidclient mgr:utilization I need.

Is there any tool or trick to get back just one value without using "|grep " command ?

For instance, I just need to register the

Totals since cache startup:
sample_time = 1517222408.387484 (Mon, 29 Jan 2018 10:40:08 GMT)
client_http.requests = 25

Thank you for your help.

Regards
John

Re: Squid monitoring / Is it possible using squidclient command to retrieve only one metric ?

On 29/01/18 23:41, John Duff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm need to monitor squid activity. There're only somes values reported
> by squidclient mgr:utilization I need.
>
> Is there any tool or trick to get back just one value without using
> "|grep " command ?
>
> For instance, I just need to register the
>
> Totals since cache startup:
> sample_time = 1517222408.387484 (Mon, 29 Jan 2018 10:40:08 GMT)
> *client_http.requests* *= 25*
> *

Individual state measurements are available over SNMP:
 <https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Snmp#Squid_OIDs>