Squid non transparent and captive portal

Squid non transparent and captive portal

jopeme
In principle I have configured pfsense v2.3.4 with squid + squidguard and is running in non-transparent mode for all my interfaces. So I configure the proxy in the Web browsers of customers.
The case, is that on an interface I've configured dhcp and captive portal for users who connect by wifi. Rules in the wifi is obligated to use squid is also listening on this interface by the port 3128.

I see that as it takes control squid, website of the captive portal login does not jump and can therefore navigate freely. It only jumps if not configure the proxy in the browser.

Any one knows how to solve this?
Thanks.

Re: Squid non transparent and captive portal

babajaga
Yes.
I set up transparent squid to work in coop with coova-chilli as captive portal CP, for example.
But this is rather tricky, because of coova-chilli messing around with iptables rules.
As CPs usually always modify iptables rules during install or operation, I suspect this squid setup to be tricky always.