Streaming TV (e.g. ZDF) does not work

scotty_beamer
Hello!

I am using squid for more than 10 years now, and today I am having a problem with streaming german tv.

I am trying to open the following link.

https://www.zdf.de/live-tv

The browser seams to load data, but the stream never starts. I have not idea what could cause this problem.

I have a german ip and if i masq the pc and route it everything works fine, what tells me it can not be geoip filtering.

I also tried the "via off" and "follow_x..." options as i thought maybe they do not what users to pass geoip filtering via proxys. This also did not help.
Does anybody have any idea for me or could anyone open the german tv streams using squid ?

Thanks!
Scotty

Re: Streaming TV (e.g. ZDF) does not work

On 29/08/18 12:04 AM, scotty_beamer wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am using squid for more than 10 years now, and today I am having a
> problem with streaming german tv.
>
> I am trying to open the following link.
>
> https://www.zdf.de/live-tv
>
> The browser seams to load data, but the stream never starts. I have not
> idea what could cause this problem.
>
> I have a german ip and if i masq the pc and route it everything works
> fine, what tells me it can not be geoip filtering.

What do you mean exactly by "masq the pc and route it" ?

What log information do you have about the two events? (failure and success)