TCP_TUNNEL and ecap

Michael Hendrie
Hi All,

I have an ecap adapter that amongst other things tracks response size.  This works fine for HTTP and ssl-bump'd HTTPS but not for TCP_TUNNEL responses as they are not seen by the ecap adapter.

I understand that in most cases adaptation of a tunnelled HTTPS response is pointless as it would result message corruption but wondering if it is at all possible to get the TCP_TUNNEL response seen by ecap, I cant see a config option for it in 3.5 or 4.5.

Thanks,

Michael

Re: TCP_TUNNEL and ecap

Alex Rousskov
On 1/21/19 10:47 PM, Michael Hendrie wrote:

> I understand that in most cases adaptation of a tunnelled HTTPS
> response is pointless as it would result message corruption but
> wondering if it is at all possible to get the TCP_TUNNEL response
> seen by ecap

It would be possible (and, in some cases, useful) to send tunneled
traffic through adaptation services, but doing so requires a significant
development effort: HTTP already provides what ICAP and eCAP services
need to be able to see (and even modify) tunnels, but Squid does not
implement such adaptations (yet?).

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/AboutSquid#How_to_add_a_new_Squid_feature.2C_enhance.2C_of_fix_something.3F