Transparent Proxy Problems

Matt-123
I am running Squid 2.6STABLE13 as a transparent proxy.  I am running
into troubles with it downloading updates to messenger for yahoo.
Some users seem to download the patch file or whatever automatically.
As soon as its done downloading they just download again in an endless
loop all day long.

Anyone else see anything weird when they do a grep like so on there access log?

grep msgup810_249 access.log

Matt

Re: Transparent Proxy Problems

Tek Bahadur Limbu

Re: Transparent Proxy Problems

Matt-123
> > I am running Squid 2.6STABLE13 as a transparent proxy.  I am running
> > into troubles with it downloading updates to messenger for yahoo.
> > Some users seem to download the patch file or whatever automatically.
> > As soon as its done downloading they just download again in an endless
> > loop all day long.
> >
> > Anyone else see anything weird when they do a grep like so on there access log?
> >
> > grep msgup810_249 access.log
>
> Hi Matt,
>
> I do see them once in a while in my access.log. But they are not continuously and does not happen for the whole day like in a loop.
>
> Also I see the logs for just a few IPs out of all my clients.
> Are you sure that this message is related to squid transparency?
>
> That's because till date, I have not heard any problems regarding Yahoo messenger.
>
> Anyway, what is the setup of your transproxy?

I have a Mikrotik gateway router that connects our network to a 10mbps
Internet connection.  Our daily average is about 5mbps.  The router
uses DST-NAT to route all port 80 connections to a CentOS box running
Squid.  It works quite well except for this.

I noticed one client IP in logs today that downloaded it 141 times
over and over.  That IP is tied to a single PC.  In logs its just
repeated, MISS_GET then REFRESH_GET_MISS, over and over.  I saw
another IP do a MISS_GET_HEAD then MISS_GET then done just as supposed
too.

Matt