UDP traffic on Squid proxy

Antonino Sanacori
Hi.

I must use my squid proxy server to support Microsoft Teams traffic.

I would know how i can to carry udp traffic.

Thanks.

Antonino

--

Informativa sulla Privacy: http://www.unibs.it/node/8155
<http://www.unibs.it/node/8155>

Re: UDP traffic on Squid proxy

On 20/07/20 8:18 pm, Antonino Sanacori wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I must use my squid proxy server to support Microsoft Teams traffic.
>
> I would know how i can to carry udp traffic.

Squid does not support UDP as a transport protocol at present.

Re: UDP traffic on Squid proxy

Jon P.
Hi Amos

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Squid does not support UDP as a transport protocol at present.

Does squid support MQTT proxy? current or in future?

Thank you.

On 20/07/20 9:13 pm, Jon P. wrote:
> Hi Amos
>
> Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Squid does not support UDP as a transport protocol at present.
>
> Does squid support MQTT proxy? current or in future?

Squid supports HTTP, HTTPS, ICY, FTP using TCP.

Squid supports ICP, HTCP, SNMP cache management using UDP.

I am not aware of any intention to support MQTT.

HTTP CONNECT tunnels do supply the transport requirements it needs, so
if the client software is able to open such tunnels through Squid then
it may be possible to use it that way.

Re: UDP traffic on Squid proxy

Antonino Sanacori
Thanks Amos, but in my case these "HTTP CONNECT tunnels" are opened by
squid administrator (and how?) or must the user to configure Microsoft
Teams?

Antonino