URL rewriter note

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

URL rewriter note

ygirardin

Hi

I am using the url_rewrite_program directive on my squid 4 configuration.

I want to use the note feature to use it in my logformat program. But when I pass %note to it my note looks empty squid send me «-«.

My url rewrite program return to squid line that looks something like :

OK mynote=XX

Where XX is always an integer.

Is there something wrong ?

Thank you
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: URL rewriter note

Alex Rousskov
On 09/28/2018 07:27 AM, Yann Girardin wrote:

>
> Hi
>
> I am using the url_rewrite_program directive on my squid 4 configuration.
>
> I want to use the note feature to use it in my logformat program. But when I pass %note to it my note looks empty squid send me «-«.
>
> My url rewrite program return to squid line that looks something like :
>
> OK mynote=XX
>
> Where XX is always an integer.
>
> Is there something wrong ?

It is difficult to say what is going on without more information. Please
start by posting your Squid version and the relevant parts of your Squid
configuration.


Thank you,

Alex.


_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: URL rewriter note

ygirardin
Hi,

Sorry I am using squid 4.2 and here is how I configure my url_rewriter program and here is how it is configured

url_rewrite_bypass on
url_rewrite_program my_program my_args
url_rewrite_children 100 startup=10 idle=2 concurrency=5

I recall my program return something that looks like :

OK my_note=30

And the issue here is that I want to use this note in the logformat program by passing it using %note or %{my_note}note but this call my log_format program with empty note (even when I use %note), I got "-"

-----Message d'origine-----
De : squid-users [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de Alex Rousskov
Envoyé : vendredi 28 septembre 2018 17:57
À : [hidden email]
Objet : Re: [squid-users] URL rewriter note

On 09/28/2018 07:27 AM, Yann Girardin wrote:

>
> Hi
>
> I am using the url_rewrite_program directive on my squid 4 configuration.
>
> I want to use the note feature to use it in my logformat program. But when I pass %note to it my note looks empty squid send me «-«.
>
> My url rewrite program return to squid line that looks something like :
>
> OK mynote=XX
>
> Where XX is always an integer.
>
> Is there something wrong ?

It is difficult to say what is going on without more information. Please
start by posting your Squid version and the relevant parts of your Squid
configuration.


Thank you,

Alex.


_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: URL rewriter note

Alex Rousskov
On 10/01/2018 01:15 AM, Yann Girardin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry I am using squid 4.2 and here is how I configure my url_rewriter program and here is how it is configured
>
> url_rewrite_bypass on
> url_rewrite_program my_program my_args
> url_rewrite_children 100 startup=10 idle=2 concurrency=5
>
> I recall my program return something that looks like :
>
> OK my_note=30

IIRC, that is not a correct URL rewriter response when helper
concurrency is enabled. It is missing the Channel-ID field shown at
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers#HTTP_Redirection

If your helper does not send the channel ID field, please fix the
helper. Otherwise, please post your logformat line (you can replace any
private formatting info with "..." or similar).

Also, does your helper send my_note for all responses? Are you sure that
access log lines with missing annotations correspond to the cases where
the URL rewriting helper was used and sent my_note?


Thank you,

Alex.


> And the issue here is that I want to use this note in the logformat program by passing it using %note or %{my_note}note but this call my log_format program with empty note (even when I use %note), I got "-"
>
> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : squid-users [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de Alex Rousskov
> Envoyé : vendredi 28 septembre 2018 17:57
> À : [hidden email]
> Objet : Re: [squid-users] URL rewriter note
>
> On 09/28/2018 07:27 AM, Yann Girardin wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am using the url_rewrite_program directive on my squid 4 configuration.
>>
>> I want to use the note feature to use it in my logformat program. But when I pass %note to it my note looks empty squid send me «-«.
>>
>> My url rewrite program return to squid line that looks something like :
>>
>> OK mynote=XX
>>
>> Where XX is always an integer.
>>
>> Is there something wrong ?
>
> It is difficult to say what is going on without more information. Please
> start by posting your Squid version and the relevant parts of your Squid
> configuration.
>
>
> Thank you,
>
> Alex.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> squid-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
>

_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users