Ubuntu 18 LTS repository for Squid 4.4 (rebuilt with sslbump support from sources in Debian unstable)

Ubuntu 18 LTS repository for Squid 4.4 (rebuilt with sslbump support from sources in Debian unstable)

Rafael Akchurin

Greeting all,

The online repository with latest Squid 4.4 (rebuilt from Debian unstable with sslbump support) for Ubuntu 18 LTS 64-bit is available at squid44.diladele.com. Github repo at https://github.com/diladele/squid-ubuntu contains the scripts we used to make this compilation.

Hope you will find this helpful. Note that older repo of squid43.diladele.com will be taken down in two weeks.

Best regards,

Rafael Akchurin

Diladele B.V.

P.S. Here are simple instructions how to use the repo. For more information see readme at https://github.com/diladele/squid-ubuntu .

# add diladele apt key

wget -qO - http://packages.diladele.com/diladele_pub.asc | sudo apt-key add -

# add repo

echo "deb http://squid44.diladele.com/ubuntu/ bionic main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/squid44.diladele.com.list

# update the apt cache

apt-get update

# install

apt-get install squid-common

apt-get install squid

apt-get install squidclient

Re: Ubuntu 18 LTS repository for Squid 4.4 (rebuilt with sslbump support from sources in Debian unstable)

Rafael Akchurin

Hello Samuel,

Yes will make the Docker when 7.0 is in beta stage, now we need to polish it a little.

Added issue at https://github.com/diladele/websafety-issues/issues/1030

Best regards,

Rafael Akchurin

Diladele B.V.

Re: Ubuntu 18 LTS repository for Squid 4.4 (rebuilt with sslbump support from sources in Debian unstable)

José J. Rodriguez
Rafael Akchurin wrote:
> Greeting all,
>
> The online repository with latest Squid 4.4 (rebuilt from Debian
> unstable with sslbump support) for Ubuntu 18 LTS 64-bit is available at
> squid44.diladele.com. Github repo at
> https://github.com/diladele/squid-ubuntu contains the scripts we used to
> make this compilation.

Hi:

Will this work on Debian 9.X?

Regards,
Joe1962

Re: Ubuntu 18 LTS repository for Squid 4.4 (rebuilt with sslbump support from sources in Debian unstable)

Rafael Akchurin
Hello Jose,

Latest Squid is already available in Debian unstable, no need to use Ubuntu recompilation.

Best regards,
Rafael Akchurin

> Op 1 nov. 2018 om 21:08 heeft José J. Rodriguez <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Rafael Akchurin wrote:
>> Greeting all,
>> The online repository with latest Squid 4.4 (rebuilt from Debian unstable with sslbump support) for Ubuntu 18 LTS 64-bit is available at squid44.diladele.com. Github repo at https://github.com/diladele/squid-ubuntu contains the scripts we used to make this compilation.
>
> Hi:
>
> Will this work on Debian 9.X?
>
> Regards,
> Joe1962

Re: Ubuntu 18 LTS repository for Squid 4.4 (rebuilt with sslbump support from sources in Debian unstable)

TarotApprentice
Debian seem to be unwilling to push squid4 through to stretch-backports. There is a libc change in testing that makes it difficult to get the one from testing or unstable without building your own.

I have emailed their packaging team a couple of times. Given squid 3.5 is unsupported you would think they would want to get it into stretch-backports. Maybe if they got a semi-offical email from the squid developers they might reconsider.

MarkJ