Upload throttling

Mate Javor

Hi squid-users,

We’re trying to configure squid upload throttling using client_delay_pools . I was reading around the topic and some says that client_delay_pools is not a solution for throttling uploads. Can you pls help me here?

Re: Upload throttling

On 23/06/20 12:25 am, Mate Javor wrote:
> Hi squid-users,
>
> We’re trying to configure squid upload throttling using
> client_delay_pools . I was reading around the topic and some says that
> client_delay_pools is not a solution for throttling uploads. Can you pls
> help me here?

client_delay_* is a rate limit on HTTP traffic delivered to the client
by Squid.

Assuming by "upload" you mean traffic from client to Squid, then yes it
is not going to count the bytes you want counted.

The modern QoS systems built into the OS are almost always better for
the rate limiting jobs. Especially for counting bytes *before* they
arrive at Squid on client connections.