Quantcast

Use with Gateway to Gateway VPN

J Arthur
Greetings to all,

Here's my situation, I have three locations A, B and C connected by
gateway to gateway vpn using cisco rv320's, A has a network of
192.168.0.0/24, B is 192.168.1.0/24 and C is 192.168.2.0/24

I set up squid on network A and it works for anything that is on
network A,  but from network B or C I can ping the server or browse
network shares other programs that access network resources work but
when I configure the browser with the proxy settings it acts like it
cant reach the squid proxy.

I have acl that allow the three networks so I am wondering if squid
cant work across networks,  or can someone point me in the right
direction.

Thank you

Re: Use with Gateway to Gateway VPN

Antony Stone
On Sunday 14 May 2017 at 23:26:34, J Arthur wrote:

> Greetings to all,
>
> Here's my situation, I have three locations A, B and C connected by
> gateway to gateway vpn using cisco rv320's, A has a network of
> 192.168.0.0/24, B is 192.168.1.0/24 and C is 192.168.2.0/24
>
> I set up squid on network A and it works for anything that is on
> network A,  but from network B or C I can ping the server or browse
> network shares other programs that access network resources work but
> when I configure the browser with the proxy settings it acts like it
> cant reach the squid proxy.

"Acts like..."?  What's the exact error message you get in the browser?

Is there any indication of this request coming in on the Squid machine's
access.log?

Have you used something like wireshark to see whether the requests are
reaching Squid, and whether it is trying to reply?

Does the Squid server have an appropriate route for getting back to the
clients on networks B and C?

> I have acl that allow the three networks

Show us how you've written this?

> so I am wondering if squid cant work across networks,  or can someone point
> me in the right direction.

Squid can certainly "work across networks".  This sounds like a routing probem
to me, not a Squid problem.

Regards,

Antony.

--
#define SIX 1+5
#define NINE 8+1

int main() {
    printf("%d\n", SIX * NINE);
}
        - thanks to ECB for bringing this to my attention

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.