Users Guide --- Dead link

Laurence Finston
Hello,

I'm just starting out learning about Squid.  The link to the Squid Users Guide
by Oskar Pearson on http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/ is dead:

404 Not Found

    Code: NoSuchBucket
    Message: The specified bucket does not exist
    BucketName: deckle-redirects
    RequestId: 317BF36686DE608E
    HostId: hE+eXv0FqL0/9aB66vz0NV1YjtNp4Cc/hYplqLRaF+CuiELrShKSoaE8xhe3URcl3+5baEosyM8=

Could somebody repair it or let me know where I could find the document?

Thank you.

Laurence Finston

Re: Users Guide --- Dead link

Eliezer Croitoru
Did you meant that this link:
https://www.deckle.co.za/squid-users-guide/

is dead?
From what I have seen the whole domain is kind of dead now.

Re: Users Guide --- Dead link

Sticher, Jascha
Hi,

you could always try the internet wayback machine at archiv.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120531141437/http://www.deckle.co.za:80/squid-users-guide/

Kind regards,

Jascha

Erleben Sie Industrie 4.0 konkret – auf der HANNOVER MESSE.
Vom 23. bis 27. April 2018.
www.fujitsu.com/de/microsite/hmi/register/index.html?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Signature%20EMail&utm_campaign=HANNOVER%20MESSE%20DE&utm_term=&utm_content=Ticket-anfordern

Re: Users Guide --- Dead link

One of the reasons it was removed is that it was VERY out of date.
Taking a glance through the wayback record shows a lot of information
that is not even true for Squid-2.6+ let alone the current Squid-3.5+.

For beginners I suggest the Beginners Guide Book and/or FAQ which are
referenced from the LHS menu on the Squid official website.

"
Documentation
    Configuration:
        Reference
        Examples
    FAQ and Wiki
    Guide Books:
        Beginners
        Definitive
"

Once you are past the very beginner stage and know what you are looking
for the wiki and configuration references provide details on specific
features.