Using Squid Proxy Server with HMA! VPN

Wajed Elrayes

Hi,

I'm a university student, and I have to use the university's proxy to use Internet with "full" speed.
Since with using university's proxy streaming is limited (the Internet connection is managed), I need to use VPN. The VPN I use is HideMyAss (HMA!), with protocol OpenVPN. HMA! VPN software allows me to use a proxy, so I use the university's proxy to get "full" access to the Internet.
I use Connectify to give Wireless Internet access to my mobile and tablet. With VPN, they get speed just like my PC's, but without, they get much less.
Now I want to use Squid Proxy to cache content. I have set it up (with my university's proxy as a parent proxy), and it's working on my PC.If I put my PC's address as HMA!'s proxy, it doesn't work. So, how do I configure my PC's Squid Server so that HMA's Connection goes through it?

Re: Using Squid Proxy Server with HMA! VPN

Jelleys_33
I too have to use university's proxy for high internet speed but at the same time I also have to use VPN. I think HMA is a good option as I have just finished reading the hidemyass vpn review. But was just curious to know that it would work for this purpose. Can anyone help?