WIndows Server AD+Squid Integration: Query User Specs

WIndows Server AD+Squid Integration: Query User Specs

Periko Support
HI Guys.

I want to integrate my authtenticacion vs a Windows Server 2012 R2 AD,
my doubt is related to the user I have to use from the AD.

What type of user can I use for squid config to query our AD?

Must be from the Admin group or must a specific role?

Squid 3.5.x, thanks guys for your time!!!

Re: WIndows Server AD+Squid Integration: Query User Specs

Yuri Voinov

01.11.2017 2:16, Periko Support пишет:
> HI Guys.
>
> I want to integrate my authtenticacion vs a Windows Server 2012 R2 AD,
> my doubt is related to the user I have to use from the AD.
>
> What type of user can I use for squid config to query our AD?
>
> Must be from the Admin group or must a specific role?
The principle of the least privilege. What kind of devil is a member of
the "Administrators" group?!

At max member of group "Users".

0x3E3743A7.asc (2K) Download Attachment

Re: WIndows Server AD+Squid Integration: Query User Specs

Periko Support
Don't hate me Yuri, this is why I ask first.
Group Users, them I can use any user for my squid settings?
Thanks...don't hate me please..

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Yuri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 01.11.2017 2:16, Periko Support пишет:
>> HI Guys.
>>
>> I want to integrate my authtenticacion vs a Windows Server 2012 R2 AD,
>> my doubt is related to the user I have to use from the AD.
>>
>> What type of user can I use for squid config to query our AD?
>>
>> Must be from the Admin group or must a specific role?
> The principle of the least privilege. What kind of devil is a member of
> the "Administrators" group?!
>
> At max member of group "Users".
>>
>> Squid 3.5.x, thanks guys for your time!!!

Re: WIndows Server AD+Squid Integration: Query User Specs

Yuri Voinov
(facepalm) Don't use superuser rights (or equivalent) - never - if you
really won't require it.

Yes, any user who has permissions to read access to AD.

01.11.2017 2:28, Periko Support пишет:

> Don't hate me Yuri, this is why I ask first.
> Group Users, them I can use any user for my squid settings?
> Thanks...don't hate me please..
>
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Yuri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> 01.11.2017 2:16, Periko Support пишет:
>>> HI Guys.
>>>
>>> I want to integrate my authtenticacion vs a Windows Server 2012 R2 AD,
>>> my doubt is related to the user I have to use from the AD.
>>>
>>> What type of user can I use for squid config to query our AD?
>>>
>>> Must be from the Admin group or must a specific role?
>> The principle of the least privilege. What kind of devil is a member of
>> the "Administrators" group?!
>>
>> At max member of group "Users".
>>> Squid 3.5.x, thanks guys for your time!!!

0x3E3743A7.asc (2K) Download Attachment

Re: WIndows Server AD+Squid Integration: Query User Specs

Periko Support
Testing teacher, let u know, thanks and hi-5...

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Yuri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (facepalm) Don't use superuser rights (or equivalent) - never - if you
> really won't require it.
>
> Yes, any user who has permissions to read access to AD.
>
> 01.11.2017 2:28, Periko Support пишет:
>> Don't hate me Yuri, this is why I ask first.
>> Group Users, them I can use any user for my squid settings?
>> Thanks...don't hate me please..

>>> The principle of the least privilege. What kind of devil is a member of
>>> the "Administrators" group?!
>>>
>>> At max member of group "Users".

Re: WIndows Server AD+Squid Integration: Query User Specs

Periko Support
Done, is working.
Thanks Yuri.