Website pointed to 127.0.0.1

Matheus Fernandes
Hello!
I have a fqdn that points to 127.0.0.1, when I try to access it through squid, I get an error. I need to make it process on the same machine that made the request, and not on squid server. I tried using always_direct directive, but squid always tries to process at the server side.

This issue is the same presented at http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2015-May/003477.html
except that in my case I have hundreds of computers running squid, making it a lot difficult to put an exception on every single browser.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Re: Website pointed to 127.0.0.1

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 15.09.17 09:58, Matheus Fernandes wrote:
>I have a fqdn that points to 127.0.0.1, when I try to access it through
>squid, I get an error.

It's forbidden with default rules.

> I need to make it process on the same machine that
>made the request, and not on squid server. I tried using always_direct
>directive, but squid always tries to process at the server side.

1. if you want your browser to connect directly, you must configure the
browser to connect directly, e.g. put localhost into "no proxy for" list.

you can NOT do that with squid.  When browser connects to squid, it's
already too late to do anything, since the connection was already created.

2. it is not possible for any other machine to connect to your local
address. That it how local address is defined.
Therefore, squid can not connect to your local interface.

Re: Website pointed to 127.0.0.1

Alex Crow-2

On 15/09/17 13:58, Matheus Fernandes wrote:
Hello!
I have a fqdn that points to 127.0.0.1, when I try to access it through squid, I get an error. I need to make it process on the same machine that made the request, and not on squid server. I tried using always_direct directive, but squid always tries to process at the server side.

This issue is the same presented at http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2015-May/003477.html
except that in my case I have hundreds of computers running squid, making it a lot difficult to put an exception on every single browser.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

WPAD/PAC auto-config for your browser?

http://findproxyforurl.com/wpad-introduction/
--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information. Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements Ltd.
29 Clement's Lane, London EC4N 7AE. Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 5300.
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under
number: 3727592). Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority (entered on the Financial Services Register; no. 190856).