When will Squid 3.5.26 be available on Debian?

When will Squid 3.5.26 be available on Debian?

Enrico Heine
Hello together,

anybody knows when Squid 3.5.26 will enter Debian testing nor unstable?

Best regards,
Flashdown

Re: When will Squid 3.5.26 be available on Debian?

Antony Stone
On Wednesday 28 June 2017 at 13:02:19, Enrico Heine wrote:

> Hello together,
>
> anybody knows when Squid 3.5.26 will enter Debian testing nor unstable?

Best asked on a Debian list?

Alternatively according to the package details, the maintainer is:
        Luigi Gangitano <[hidden email]>

Antony.

--
I don't know, maybe if we all waited then cosmic rays would write all our
software for us. Of course it might take a while.

 - Ron Minnich, Los Alamos National Laboratory

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

On 28/06/17 23:02, Enrico Heine wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> anybody knows when Squid 3.5.26 will enter Debian testing nor unstable?

The Debian pkg-squid team has some repository alterations and updates to
do now that Debian 9 is done. I'm not sure how long that will take as
Luigi has been a bit occupied with other things recently.

Re: When will Squid 3.5.26 be available on Debian?

Hey Enrico,

I didn't got any response from users about the debian package I am releasing,
Probably because it's not officially fully tested.
You can try to use the repo:
http://ngtech.co.il/repo/debian/jessie/

or download manually the deb package:
- http://ngtech.co.il/repo/debian/jessie/amd64/squid_3.5.26_amd64.deb
- http://ngtech.co.il/repo/debian/jessie/i386/squid_3.5.26_i386.deb

If you are up for testing it.

anybody knows when Squid 3.5.26 will enter Debian testing nor unstable?

Best regards,
Flashdown

Re: When will Squid 3.5.26 be available on Debian?

Enrico Heine
Dear Eliezer,

thank you for the offer, but unfortunately there is a trust issue if
it's not from the official repo and I always build from source grapping
the debian source and build rules. This way the possibility of overseen
a needed adjustment for debian is very low and it is very handy to do
so. I have many squid servers running in a large environment.

best regards,
Enrico

Am 2017-06-28 16:20, schrieb Eliezer Croitoru:

> Hey Enrico,
>
> I didn't got any response from users about the debian package I am
> releasing,
> Probably because it's not officially fully tested.
> You can try to use the repo:
> http://ngtech.co.il/repo/debian/jessie/
>
> or download manually the deb package:
> - http://ngtech.co.il/repo/debian/jessie/amd64/squid_3.5.26_amd64.deb
> - http://ngtech.co.il/repo/debian/jessie/i386/squid_3.5.26_i386.deb
>
> If you are up for testing it.
>
> Thanks,
> Eliezer
>
> ----
> Eliezer Croitoru
> Linux System Administrator
> Mobile: +972-5-28704261
> Email: [hidden email]

Mike Surcouf
Just to say I have been using Eliezers centos repo for a few years as the centos/rhel repos are always slow to react to new versions.
I think Eliezers repos are well respected out there.

Regards

Mike

thank you for the offer, but unfortunately there is a trust issue if it's not from the official repo and I always build from source grapping the debian source and build rules. This way the possibility of overseen a needed adjustment for debian is very low and it is very handy to do so. I have many squid servers running in a large environment.

best regards,
Enrico

Am 2017-06-28 16:20, schrieb Eliezer Croitoru:

> Hey Enrico,
>
> I didn't got any response from users about the debian package I am
> releasing, Probably because it's not officially fully tested.
> You can try to use the repo:
> http://ngtech.co.il/repo/debian/jessie/
>
> or download manually the deb package:
> - http://ngtech.co.il/repo/debian/jessie/amd64/squid_3.5.26_amd64.deb
> - http://ngtech.co.il/repo/debian/jessie/i386/squid_3.5.26_i386.deb
>
> If you are up for testing it.
>
> Thanks,
> Eliezer
>
> ----
> Eliezer Croitoru
> Linux System Administrator
> Mobile: +972-5-28704261
> Email: [hidden email]

Dear Mike,

Sure, but that changes nothing and has nothing to do with Eliezer.

It's about Policies and security. So don't get it wrong. I would never take "binaries" from inofficial sources, it doesn't matter who released them.

I also can compile it on my own, no issue. But the only binaries that will go into our systems will come from official repos.

Not everyone can choose freely as you can especially in a corporate network.

Br, Enrico