Whitelisting youtube

Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz
Problem staqtement: can't whitelist youtube.com

I run squid 3.5 and squiguard on a CENTOS 7 home linux server.
The blacklist database is created by a publicly available script called getlists.sh. This script downloads and compiles blacklists  from several sites (e.g. squidguard website)
To whitelist youtube which is blocked too,  I created the directory 'white' within 'blacklist'. The squidguard config looks like this:

dest white {
        domainlist      white/domains
        urllist         white/urls
}

acl {
        default {
                pass    white !adv !porn !warez all
                redirect http://localhost/block.html
                }
}

the domaon file withi nwhite has these entries:
.gmail.com:443-

The entry I find in access.lof file reads like this:
1545988674.026      0 10.5.2.96 TAG_NONE/503 0 CONNECT www.youtube.com:443 - HIER_NONE/- -

I still cannot unblock youtube.
I'd appreciate your help in resolving this.

Wolfgang

Re: Whitelisting youtube

Marcus Kool

Wolfgang, why don't you stop using squidguard which has no support for 5+ years and switch to ufdbGuard?

ufdbGuard is regularly maintained and has a Reference Manual that explains what and how to whitelist domains.

Marcus

On 28/12/18 10:18 pm, Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz wrote:
> Problem staqtement: can't whitelist youtube.com

> The entry I find in access.lof file reads like this:
> 1545988674.026      0 10.5.2.96 TAG_NONE/503 0 CONNECT
> www.youtube.com:443 - HIER_NONE/- -

You cannot redirect a CONNECT tunnel with SquidGuard. You should prevent
this methods being sent to the redirector entirely, like so:

 url_rewrite_access deny CONNECT

Also, this is a 503 (unable to connect) error, not a denial. So
whitelisting is pointless.

Re: Whitelisting youtube

Markus,

Does ufdbGuard have a Debian package or build instructions?
The last time I tried to compile it on both Debian and Ubuntu I have encountered couple issues.

Re: Whitelisting youtube

Marcus Kool

Hi Eliezer,

If you mean compiler errors on debian 9 which has OpenSSL 1.1 ...

We will release ufdbGuard 1.34 soon which supports OpenSSL 1.1 since OpenSSL 1.1 is not compatible with OpenSSL 1.0.

Marcus

On 29/12/2018 15:22, [hidden email] wrote:

Markus,

Does ufdbGuard have a Debian package or build instructions?
The last time I tried to compile it on both Debian and Ubuntu I have encountered couple issues.

Re: Whitelisting youtube

Eliezer Croitoru

Sorry Marcus I totally forgot about this.

I was not talking about this issue but something about the init and other scripts that are being installed.

I will test it in the next weeks and will have a better overview and send it to you privately.

Thank,