Windows ECAP Success! And question about upload

Windows ECAP Success! And question about upload

Russel McDonald
Hi, I now have Squid running on Windows with ECAP passing both HTTP and HTTPS stream decrypted to my adapter. But I'm only seeing the download stream. How do I configure Squid to see the upload stream? For example, I'd like to go to https:\\www.twitter.com, log in, tweet "Ulysses 12345" and have my adapter change that to "Grant 12345" so that "Grant 12345" is what gets posted. A squid.conf change? Or instead do I need reverse proxy as well.

Russel

Re: Windows ECAP Success! And question about upload

Alex Rousskov
On 1/24/19 8:38 AM, Russel McDonald wrote:
> Hi, I now have Squid running on Windows with ECAP passing both HTTP and
> HTTPS stream decrypted to my adapter. But I'm only seeing the download
> stream. How do I configure Squid to see the upload stream?

To see requests, you need a REQMOD eCAP service (reqmod_precache). A
REQMOD service is similar to a RESPMOD service you apparently have
working, but it is used for HTTP requests instead of HTTP responses. The
same set of squid.conf directives is used for both REQMOD and RESPMOD
vectoring points. The service itself will need to be written to handle
HTTP request messages instead of HTTP response messages, but the
protocol-level differences are minor.