a host can not access web browsing

Bladimir Almeida
Hi, I'm a network administrator of my company, I've been dealing with a computer that can access all the services for days, except that I can not surf the Internet.
The message the browser sends me is that the server is rejecting the connections, however the other domain pc access without any problem to the web, and reinstalled the pc 2
times and nothing, the only thing that this pc I have to install windows xp, because it works with a tool that requires that OS Greetings, please help me.

Re: a host can not access web browsing

Antony Stone
On Friday 26 January 2018 at 21:54:48, Bladimir Almeida wrote:

> Hi, I'm a network administrator of my company,

I wonder how you react to emails from your users which contain so little
specific information as I see below.

> I've been dealing with a computer that can access all the services for days,
> except that I can not surf the Internet.

Was it previously able to surf the Internet?

If yes, when did this change?

Did anything else happen on your network at the same time as this change?

> The message

Please show us the full text of the message.

> the browser

Which browser are you using?

> sends me is that the server

Which server?

> is rejecting the connections,

Is any reason given?  Any more detail at all?

> however the other domain pc

This is a Windows domain?  Not just a simple "bunch of PCs on a network doing
their own thing"?  Do you need to authenticate to the domain (on *any* PC, I
don't just mean on the one giving the problems) in order to be able to access
websites?

> access without any problem to the web, and reinstalled the pc 2 times

Was the PC with the problem reinstalled or reconfigured shortly before it
stopped being able to access websites?

I'm wondering what makes you think a reinstall might resolve the problem - you
might be right, but is there any information which leads you to believe this?

> and nothing, the only thing that this pc I have to install windows xp,
> because it works with a tool that requires that OS

Do you have any other Windows XP machines on your network?

If so, are any of those able to access websites?

> Greetings, please help me.

Please tell us where Squid fits into your question.

Antony.

--
How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy chapters involving
quantum mechanics.

 - mnemonic for 3.14159265358979

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Re: a host can not access web browsing

Yuri Voinov
(somebody's have too much unlimited personal time :-))

On 27/01/18 09:54, Bladimir Almeida wrote:

> Hi, I'm a network administrator of my company, I've been dealing with a
> computer that can access all the services for days, except that I can
> not surf the Internet.
> The message the browser sends me is that the server is rejecting the
> connections, however the other domain pc access without any problem to
> the web, and reinstalled the pc 2
> times and nothing, the only thing that this pc I have to install windows
> xp, because it works with a tool that requires that OS Greetings, please
> help me.

1) What does this have to do with Squid?

2) What are your Squid settings?

3) What do your squid logs show happening?

On 26.01.18 15:54, Bladimir Almeida wrote:
>Hi, I'm a network administrator of my company, I've been dealing with a computer that can access all the services for days, except that I can not surf the Internet.
>The message the browser sends me is that the server is rejecting the connections, however the other domain pc access without any problem to the web, and reinstalled the pc 2
>times and nothing, the only thing that this pc I have to install windows xp, because it works with a tool that requires that OS Greetings, please help me.

How do you know it's a squid problem?
Do you use squid in your network?
Did you configure it manually, via WPAD or do you intercept connections to
the world?
What do the squid logs say about the machines' IP address?