allow certian user ips to access only 2 domains and disallow everything

allow certian user ips to access only 2 domains and disallow everything

simon ben
I have squid running perfectly fine on centos 7 64 bit with no issues
I want to allow certain user ips to access a few sites and block everything else so below is the config
the sites are
1) paloaltonetworks.com
2) redcloak.secureworks.com

in squid.conf
-------------------
acl userlist src "/etc/squid/userlist"
acl sitelist dstdomain "/etc/squid/sitelist"
http_access allow userlist sitelist

-------------------

user list file has the ips
-----------
192.168.62.128
192.168.62.1
192.168.62.129
192.168.61.1
192.168.62.130
192.168.62.3
192.168.61.128
172.16.120.160
------------------------------

site list file has the sites
.paloaltonetworks.com
.secureworks.com
https://ch-baladia.traps.paloaltonetworks.com
baladia.xdr.eu.paloaltonetworks.com
identity.paloaltonetworks.com
login.paloaltonetworks.com
assets.adobedtm.com
www.paloaltonetworks.com
redcloak.secureworks.com

I see that the first page and some links are working but some do not . also there is a huge deny logs in squid access logs
appreciate if you can advise me on how i can have the above access list so as to have minimum denies when being accessed from the above ips

Thanks and Regards

simon

Re: allow certian user ips to access only 2 domains and disallow everything

On 16/10/20 10:21 pm, simon ben wrote:
> I have squid running perfectly fine on centos 7 64 bit with no issues
> I want to allow certain user ips to access a few sites and block
> everything else so below is the config
> the sites are
> 1) paloaltonetworks.com
> 2) redcloak.secureworks.com

Notice the sitelist file contains the entire range of *.secureworks.com
domains and some others.

> in squid.conf
> -------------------
> acl userlist src "/etc/squid/userlist"
> acl sitelist dstdomain "/etc/squid/sitelist"

# allow certain user ips to access a few sites
> http_access allow userlist sitelist

# ...  and block everything else

?? nothing specified for that part of your policy.

So, you need to followup with either:

  http_access deny all

or,

  http_access deny userips

> -------------------
>
> user list file has the ips
> -----------
> 192.168.62.128
> 192.168.62.1
> 192.168.62.129
> 192.168.61.1
> 192.168.62.130
> 192.168.62.3
> 192.168.61.128
> 172.16.120.160
> ------------------------------

Er, these are not "users" these are IP addresses. Aka clients.

The difference is important because one machine/IP can be used by
multiple users. There is no difference to the proxy whether the IP is
switched between users or shared by multiple simultaneously.

Also, sorting the file can ease management. There are some entries which
could be represented by a IP-range for more efficient matching instead
of listed individually.

> site list file has the sites
> .paloaltonetworks.com
> .secureworks.com
> https://ch-baladia.traps.paloaltonetworks.com
> baladia.xdr.eu.paloaltonetworks.com
> identity.paloaltonetworks.com
> login.paloaltonetworks.com
> assets.adobedtm.com
> www.paloaltonetworks.com
> redcloak.secureworks.com

> I see that the first page and some links are working but some do not .

Only the first two lines of that file are "sites".

The third is a URL. This will never match with dstdomain.

The rest are individual domains. They will only match the one domain
within their site.

Also, most of your entries are sub-domains of the sites listed on the
first lines. The contents of this file redux to:

  .paloaltonetworks.com
  .secureworks.com
  assets.adobedtm.com

However, your stated policy says that it should only contain:

  .paloaltonetworks.com
  .redcloak.secureworks.com

Re: allow certian user ips to access only 2 domains and disallow everything

simon ben
Dear Amos,

Thanks for the quick reply
will check and let you know

regards

simon

On Saturday, October 17, 2020, 06:06:13 AM GMT+3, Amos Jeffries <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 16/10/20 10:21 pm, simon ben wrote:
> I have squid running perfectly fine on centos 7 64 bit with no issues
> I want to allow certain user ips to access a few sites and block
> everything else so below is the config
> the sites are
> 1) paloaltonetworks.com
> 2) redcloak.secureworks.com

Notice the sitelist file contains the entire range of *.secureworks.com
domains and some others.

> in squid.conf
> -------------------
> acl userlist src "/etc/squid/userlist"
> acl sitelist dstdomain "/etc/squid/sitelist"

# allow certain user ips to access a few sites
> http_access allow userlist sitelist

# ...  and block everything else

?? nothing specified for that part of your policy.

So, you need to followup with either:

  http_access deny all

or,

  http_access deny userips

> -------------------
>
> user list file has the ips
> -----------
> 192.168.62.128
> 192.168.62.1
> 192.168.62.129
> 192.168.61.1
> 192.168.62.130
> 192.168.62.3
> 192.168.61.128
> 172.16.120.160
> ------------------------------

Er, these are not "users" these are IP addresses. Aka clients.

The difference is important because one machine/IP can be used by
multiple users. There is no difference to the proxy whether the IP is
switched between users or shared by multiple simultaneously.

Also, sorting the file can ease management. There are some entries which
could be represented by a IP-range for more efficient matching instead
of listed individually.

> site list file has the sites
> .paloaltonetworks.com
> .secureworks.com
> https://ch-baladia.traps.paloaltonetworks.com
> baladia.xdr.eu.paloaltonetworks.com
> identity.paloaltonetworks.com
> login.paloaltonetworks.com
> assets.adobedtm.com
> www.paloaltonetworks.com
> redcloak.secureworks.com

> I see that the first page and some links are working but some do not .

Only the first two lines of that file are "sites".

The third is a URL. This will never match with dstdomain.

The rest are individual domains. They will only match the one domain
within their site.

Also, most of your entries are sub-domains of the sites listed on the
first lines. The contents of this file redux to:

  .paloaltonetworks.com
  .secureworks.com
  assets.adobedtm.com

However, your stated policy says that it should only contain:

  .paloaltonetworks.com
  .redcloak.secureworks.com

Re: allow certian user ips to access only 2 domains and disallow everything

Eliezer Croitoru-3

Hey Simon,

I have seen these websites and it seems that some content which is used in them is from CDNs or other domains.

It’s very important to include specific domains like in the url:

https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.min.js

For these sites to work properly.

You can try to run a more complex config which can or might take into account the Referrer header in the Request

It will probably only work if SSL bump is configured in your setup and it’s not the most secure way to allow sites.

I am only offering this as a it can be limited to specific domains such as cdns or specific hosted services.

All The Bests,

Tech Support