Quantcast

blocking or allowing specific youtube videos

blocking or allowing specific youtube videos

Sohan Wijetunga

Project subject is blocking or allowing specific youtube videos. For that research I hope to add more features but currently I’m stuck to take full urls from clients. According to my project, environment should be client server environment. All the client’s youtube traffic should be manage through the gateway. I currently following squid helper programs it seems to be fulfil my requirement but those examples are not enough for testing. Using of squid helper program is to do some development in my research future. I really need to do that project using squid.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Sohan.

Re: blocking or allowing specific youtube videos

Rafael Akchurin

Hello Sohan,

I guess this may be helpful in your project https://docs.diladele.com/faq/filtering/youtube_allow_only_specific_video.html

This can easily be done within squid.conf (ICAP is not required).

Best regards,

Rafael Akchurin

Diladele B.V.

https://www.diladele.com

--

Please take a look at Web Safety - our ICAP based web filter server for Squid proxy.

Re: blocking or allowing specific youtube videos

Marcus Kool
ufdbGuard is a URL filter which given the input
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXXXXXXX
blocks the following URLs:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXXXXXXX
    www.youtube.com/embed/XXXXXXXXXX
    www.youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=XXXXXXXXXX
    ytimg.googleusercontent.com/vi/XXXXXXXXXX/
    i.ytimg.com/vi/XXXXXXXXXX/
ufdbGuard also blocks users who try to circumvent the URL filter with URLs like
    www.youtube.com/watch?foo=1&v=XXXXXXXXXX&bar=2

The acls of ufdbGuard can block or allow any set of URLs.

Marcus