cache manager / webmin in SMP mode

pacolo
Hello there,

I am coming to you after having solved my first problems with Squid . Thanks
again!

Anyway, I am facing another issue with Cache Manager.

I had configured Webmin with the non-SMP mode, so I deployed SMP but Webmin
doesn't detect the cache dirs configured in squid.conf.

In non-SMP mode, the cache_dir was at /cache.
In SMP-mode, there are 4 Rock cache_dirs at /cache1 /cache2 /cache3 /cache4.

Then I changed the reference in /etc/webmin/squid.conf, from
cache_dir=/cache to cache_dir=/cache1.

But it still doesn't detect it.

I tried to access the cache manager through webmin GUI or squidclient
mgr:info -W password, but it returns access denied.

I have checked several posts but I haven't found relevant info for Webmin to
detect the cache_dir changes in SMP mode with Rock cache_dirs.

Any hint would be much appreciated.

I have attached the config files in case it helps.
backend.conf
<http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/t377599/backend.conf>
frontend.conf
<http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/t377599/frontend.conf>
squid.conf
<http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/t377599/squid.conf>
etc_webmin_squid_config.txt
<http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/t377599/etc_webmin_squid_config.txt>
tail_-n_100_var_log_squid_frontend.log
<http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/t377599/tail_-n_100_var_log_squid_frontend.log>

Best regards!
Paco.

Re: cache manager / webmin in SMP mode

pacolo
Hi again,

I forgot to mention the software versions.

CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)
Squid 3.5.20-12.el7
Webmin 1.900

On 4/12/18 5:23 am, pacolo wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I am coming to you after having solved my first problems with Squid . Thanks
> again!
>
> Anyway, I am facing another issue with Cache Manager.
>
> I had configured Webmin with the non-SMP mode, so I deployed SMP but Webmin
> doesn't detect the cache dirs configured in squid.conf.

This sounds like a webmin issue. Webmin is not part of Squid. So you
would probably be best served asking this through the webmin help
channels. Though someone else here using webmin with SMP caches may have
an idea.