comments in ACL files

1. is it possible to use comments in ACL files?

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/acl/
says:

   acl aclname acltype "file" ...

   When using "file", the file should contain one item per line.

but anything about possible comments, although they seem to be used on the
net according to web search...

#comment
1.2.3.4

2. how does squid behave with more items in one line, does it use or ignore
them?

1.2.3.4 # comment

"Where do you want to go to die?" [Microsoft]

Re: comments in ACL files

On 5/11/19 1:30 am, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 1. is it possible to use comments in ACL files?
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/acl/
> says:
>
>   acl aclname acltype "file" ...
>
>   When using "file", the file should contain one item per line.
>
> but anything about possible comments, although they seem to be used on the
> net according to web search...
>
> #comment
> 1.2.3.4

It depends on the ACL type. Some have special handling for files with
values, some do not support loading from files.

The rest support files with:
 * one ACL value per line, and
 * ignoring whitespace prefix and suffix, and
 * '#' as comment prefix.

> 2. how does squid behave with more items in one line, does it use or ignore
> them?
>
> 1.2.3.4 # comment

All of the line (excluding the whitesace prefix/suffix) is one value.