could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP server'

could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP server'

bankar somnath
Hi Team,

I found below warning in /var/log/squid/cache.log file repeatedly. As checked LDAP server is reachable from squid for 389 port. Also DNS entry is correct and nslookup is working fine to DNS, please help to fix below issue.

squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP server'
squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP server'
squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP server'
squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP server'

Regards,
Som.

Re: could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP server'

On 8/01/19 5:54 pm, bankar somnath wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I found below warning in /var/log/squid/cache.log file repeatedly. As
> checked LDAP server is reachable from squid for 389 port. Also DNS entry
> is correct and nslookup is working fine to DNS, please help to fix below
> issue.
>
> squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP
> server'

FYI: That helper name was deprecated since Squid-3.2. Please upgrade if
you can.

Back to your problem;
 What OS are you using?
 What Squid version are you using?
 What auth_param settings do you have in your squid.conf? (in order)