Quantcast

debugging squid memory

as I have already noted in other thread, I seem to have memory leak in squid
3.4.8 (debian 8 jessie) version, only memory cache used now.

Looking at cacti graphs, seems that memory usage grows by half-hour or hour
jumps. Is there any job done periodically in squid?

and if there's nothing like that, and I'd like to debug squid memory usage
to see, if there's a leak:
are there any useful hints (including: don't do it)?

- which debug_options to use (13, 19, 59, 63)?

- can I find out anything by squidclient or cachemgr.cgi
   (looking at vm_objects didn't found anything useful).

- any hint what to search for in logs?

Thanks.

REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.

Re: debugging squid memory

Eliezer Croitoru
Hey,

Just asking loud, is there any chance you will give run an upgrade from 3.4.8 to 3.5.24?

Re: debugging squid memory

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 11.03.17 22:39, Eliezer  Croitoru wrote:
>Just asking loud, is there any chance you will give run an upgrade from 3.4.8 to 3.5.24?

yes, but I will have to take care of that - debian people take care of the
version in debian.

I prefer fixing things in debian and push fixes back to distribution.

>as I have already noted in other thread, I seem to have memory leak in squid
>3.4.8 (debian 8 jessie) version, only memory cache used now.

(R)etry, (A)bort, (C)ancer

Re: debugging squid memory

Eliezer Croitoru
Hey,

I am not maintain yet  Debian and Ubuntu Squid-Cache packaging but I started to do so as a testing step towards the next one.
My squid debian based packages are not including ecap support due to the overhead but I believe that diladele provides up-to-date Ubuntu and Maybe debian packages.

I understand that you prefer Debian to push fixes into their builds but I am not deep enough in the Debian world to tell you I understand it all goes there and what affects patches being pushed into the stable build.
Would you consider to use an external debian packge that follows squid stable releases?