dhcp

sampei02@tiscali.it
Can you suggest way to manage acl for clients which are using DHCP server?

Re: dhcp

On 11/12/20 7:48 pm, sampei02 wrote:
> Can you suggest way to manage acl for clients which are using DHCP server?

Firstly, what does DHCP have to do with clients using HTTP ?

eg, why is it even a consideration for you?

Secondly, what are you trying to have Squid do?

To provide help we need information about what your situation is.

Re: dhcp

sampei02@tiscali.it
I’m using Squid to permit or deny to clients to access to Internet (http/https traffic).
Squid is dmz and It’s using my public DNS to solve names.
Clients are in Microsoft domain.
Client browser is configured to point squid service on 3128 port to access external network (local addresses are bypassed)  and inside squid.conf I’m referencing clients by IP address because until yesterday I used static addresses.
Today I’m going to use DHCP server too, e.g. for notebook, so I’ll use dynamic addresses too.
So I’d like to manage dynamic address to permit/deny Internet access in the same way.
I thought to specify "pc name”, instead of IP address, in squid.conf but Squid server has set DNS public, so It cannot to resolve client name.
Thanks

> On 11 Dec 2020, at 19:27, Amos Jeffries <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 11/12/20 7:48 pm, sampei02 wrote:
>> Can you suggest way to manage acl for clients which are using DHCP server?
>
> Firstly, what does DHCP have to do with clients using HTTP ?
>
> eg, why is it even a consideration for you?
>

> Secondly, what are you trying to have Squid do?
>
> To provide help we need information about what your situation is.

Re: dhcp

Eliezer Croitoru-3
Hey,

I do not know exactly how and on what environment but usually it's done with a Radius server.
Maybe with 802.x integration in the switch level to make sure that no one is un-accounted for in the network.

Tech Support