external helper

Vieri
Hi,

I'm using a perl helper script in Squid, and I've migrating to Squid 4 from Squid 3. It seems that there's an extra field in the string Squid passes to the helper program.

I'd like to know what the character "-" means at the end of the passed string as in this message:

external_acl.cc(1085) Start: externalAclLookup: will wait for the result of 'http www.fltk.org 80 / -' in 'bllookup' (ch=0x5633eaab2118).

Thanks,

Vieri

Re: external helper

On 5/03/20 11:26 pm, Vieri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a perl helper script in Squid, and I've migrating to Squid 4 from Squid 3. It seems that there's an extra field in the string Squid passes to the helper program.
>
> I'd like to know what the character "-" means at the end of the passed string as in this message:
>
> external_acl.cc(1085) Start: externalAclLookup: will wait for the result of 'http www.fltk.org 80 / -' in 'bllookup' (ch=0x5633eaab2118).

It means the 'acl' line in squid.conf did not contain any value to pass
as extra parameter(s) to that helper lookup.

See
<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers#Access_Control_.28ACL.29>

Re: external helper

Vieri

On Thursday, March 5, 2020, 11:37:28 AM GMT+1, Amos Jeffries <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It means the 'acl' line in squid.conf did not contain any value to pass as extra parameter(s) to that helper lookup.
>
> See
> <https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers#Access_Control_.28ACL.29>

Thanks!