good guide to AntiVirus detection, squid4

good guide to AntiVirus detection, squid4

robert k Wild
hi all, hope your all well :)

im looking after a good guide to set up real time antivirus on squid 4 for all the traffic

i have seen numerous tools for this like clamAV, C-icap, HAVP and i have read since squid 3, squid comes with icap

can i just use icap the build in one or shall i use something else to go with it

if anyone has got suggestions and can show me a good guide on how to do it, that would be great

thanks,
rob

Robert K Wild.

Re: good guide to AntiVirus detection, squid4

Rafael Akchurin

Hello Robert,

Please see scripts at https://github.com/diladele/websafety/tree/release-7.2.0/core.ubuntu18 on how we do that (if you do not need web filtering – just ignore that part).

Best regards,

Rafael

Re: good guide to AntiVirus detection, squid4

robert k Wild
Thanks Rafael,

So to get this up and running can I install it on a centos 7 vm or does it have to be a Ubuntu?

Also what squid version do I need to put on my vm for this to work as I don't see a squid install script

Many thanks,
Rob