hello explain this directive

Jenn G.
hello list,

I see this config directive in squid.conf,but can't understand for it.

#  TAG: url_rewrite_host_header
#       By default Squid rewrites any Host: header in redirected
#       requests.  If you are running an accelerator this may
#       not be a wanted effect of a redirector.
#
#       WARNING: Entries are cached on the result of the URL rewriting
#       process, so be careful if you have domain-virtual hosts.
#
#Default:
# url_rewrite_host_header on

please help explain it.thanks.

--jen

Re: hello explain this directive

Evan Klitzke-5
On 6/7/07, Jen mlists <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I see this config directive in squid.conf,but can't understand for it.
>
> #  TAG: url_rewrite_host_header

This refers to the HTTP Host header. e.g. a typical HTTP request looks like:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: example.com
(more headers here)

Using this option you can toggle whether or not the Host: header in
the HTTP request is preserved or rewritten.

Evan Klitzke <[hidden email]>

Re: hello explain this directive

Jenn G.
Thank you evan.
In squid's accel model,do I need to modify or not modify this Host header?

2007/6/9, Evan Klitzke <[hidden email]>:

> On 6/7/07, Jen mlists <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I see this config directive in squid.conf,but can't understand for it.
> >
> > #  TAG: url_rewrite_host_header
>
> This refers to the HTTP Host header. e.g. a typical HTTP request looks like:
>
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: example.com
> (more headers here)
>
> Using this option you can toggle whether or not the Host: header in
> the HTTP request is preserved or rewritten.

> Evan Klitzke <[hidden email]>

Re: hello explain this directive

Henrik Nordström
lör 2007-06-09 klockan 11:47 +0800 skrev Jen mlists:
> Thank you evan.
> In squid's accel model,do I need to modify or not modify this Host header?

Are you using an url rewriter helper (url_rewrite_program directive, aka
redirector_program)?

If not then you don't need to care about this directive..

Regards
Henrik

Yes,for some squids I used an URL redirector.When using this
redirector,do i need to open this Host header modifying?thanks.

sön 2007-06-10 klockan 10:16 +0800 skrev Jen mlists:

> 2007/6/10, Henrik Nordstrom <[hidden email]>:
> > lör 2007-06-09 klockan 11:47 +0800 skrev Jen mlists:
> > > Thank you evan.
> > > In squid's accel model,do I need to modify or not modify this Host header?
> >
> > Are you using an url rewriter helper (url_rewrite_program directive, aka
> > redirector_program)?
> >
> > If not then you don't need to care about this directive..
> >

> Yes,for some squids I used an URL redirector.When using this
> redirector,do i need to open this Host header modifying?thanks.
Depends on how you rewrite the URLs, and what Host header you want to
have sent to the webserver.

Regards
Henrik