how to config multi- real servers

Jenn G.
hello,

given this config line,

cache_peer news.foo.com       parent    80  0  no-query originserver

can work well for accel mode of news.foo.com

but if I need squid to accel more sites like
bbs.foo.com,mail.foo.com,how to write the config lines then?Thank you.

Re: how to config multi- real servers

Evan Klitzke-5
On 6/8/07, Jen mlists <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello,
>
> given this config line,
>
> cache_peer news.foo.com       parent    80  0  no-query originserver
>
> can work well for accel mode of news.foo.com
>
> but if I need squid to accel more sites like
> bbs.foo.com,mail.foo.com,how to write the config lines then?Thank you.

I believe that you want to be implementing a forward proxy, but
instead you are using the configuration options for setting up a
reverse proxy. Read the Squid instructions for configuring forward
proxies and you should be on the right path.

Evan Klitzke <[hidden email]>

Re: how to config multi- real servers

Chris Robertson-2
Jen mlists wrote:

> hello,
>
> given this config line,
>
> cache_peer news.foo.com       parent    80  0  no-query originserver
>
> can work well for accel mode of news.foo.com
>
> but if I need squid to accel more sites like
> bbs.foo.com,mail.foo.com,how to write the config lines then?Thank you.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy#head-c422ff29b44235d1804abfdc92e1f3d838d21ce8

Chris

Re: how to config multi- real servers

Henrik Nordström
fre 2007-06-08 klockan 18:04 +0800 skrev Jen mlists:

> hello,
>
> given this config line,
>
> cache_peer news.foo.com       parent    80  0  no-query originserver
>
> can work well for accel mode of news.foo.com
>
> but if I need squid to accel more sites like
> bbs.foo.com,mail.foo.com,how to write the config lines then?Thank you.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy#head-7bd155a1a9919bda8ff10ca7d3831458866b72eb

and the vhost http_port option..

Regards
Henrik