installing squidClamAV - check if blocking viruses

installing squidClamAV - check if blocking viruses

robert k Wild
hi all,

i have installed squidclamav via this guide -

http://squidclamav.darold.net/installv6.html

i only installed the below, i didnt install squidGuard

yum install -y squid clamav

and i extrated these tars and for each i did configure/make/make install like the guide says to do

https://sourceforge.net/projects/squidclamav/files/latest/download

http://sourceforge.net/projects/c-icap/files/c-icap/0.5.x/c_icap-0.5.2.tar.gz/download

i dont know what squid config files to copy/paste in my squid.conf file

do i use 3.4.x
3.1.x
3.0.x

bear in mind when i did the yum install squid, it installed 3.5.20

once installed, i test it, in my browser i change to manual proxy and change ip/port to my proxy server

when i go to websites all works and i can see the logs here -

watch -n 0.5 tail /usr/local/c-icap/var/log/server.log

but how do i check if its blocking viruses?

many thanks in advanced

rob

Robert K Wild.

Re: installing squidClamAV - check if blocking viruses

Antony Stone
On Sunday 03 December 2017 at 19:50:55, robert k Wild wrote:

> how do i check if its blocking viruses?

Try downloading something containing the EICAR test file.

http://www.eicar.org/86-0-Intended-use.html

That page itself contains the EICAR string, so in principle it should trigger
ClamAV, however strictly speaking the string should be the start of the "file",
therefore you may find one of http://www.eicar.org/85-0-Download.html a better
way of testing.

Antony.

--
If you were ploughing a field, which would you rather use - two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?

 - Seymour Cray, pioneer of supercomputing

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.