ipv4 + ipv6

mzgmedia
hello

we a squid server with both IPv4 and IPv6

now if a user will connect to Ipv4, it will also get an Ipv6 from squid. We
want to prevent that, if the user will connect to IPv4, to have just Ipv4
and if connects to Ipv6 to have just Ipv6 and it seems that we can't manage
to do this.

Can you please provide some hits?

thank you

Re: ipv4 + ipv6

On 2/03/19 2:41 am, mzgmedia wrote:
> hello
>
> we a squid server with both IPv4 and IPv6
>
> now if a user will connect to Ipv4, it will also get an Ipv6 from squid. We
> want to prevent that, if the user will connect to IPv4, to have just Ipv4
> and if connects to Ipv6 to have just Ipv6 and it seems that we can't manage
> to do this.

Sounds like you have a regular forward/explicit proxy setup right?

In those setups the client is connecting only to Squid. It delegates
*all* server operations to the proxy. IP address(es) of the next server
in the HTTP chain has nothing to do with the TC/IP connections between
client and proxy.

Re: ipv4 + ipv6

On 3/1/19 6:41 AM, mzgmedia wrote:

> we a squid server with both IPv4 and IPv6

> now if a user will connect to Ipv4, it will also get an Ipv6 from squid. We
> want to prevent that, if the user will connect to IPv4, to have just Ipv4
> and if connects to Ipv6 to have just Ipv6 and it seems that we can't manage
> to do this.

> Can you please provide some hits?

Amos is right, so please make sure that you truly _need_ what you are
asking about. For a more direct answer to your question, see [1].
TLDR: Squid currently lacks configuration options to enforce IP version
for outgoing connections.

[1]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2017-October/016769.html