leakfinder

Vieri
Hi,

I enabled leakfinder in squid's configure script. However, the following does not show anything:
# squidclient mgr: | grep leaks

Also, the config script says:
--enable-leakfinder     Enable Leak Finding code. Enabling this alone does
nothing; you also have to modify the source code to
use the leak finding functions. Probably Useful for
hackers only.

Is there an "easy" way or a quick guide to enable these leak finding functions?

Thanks,

Vieri

Re: leakfinder

On 28/09/17 22:31, Vieri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I enabled leakfinder in squid's configure script. However, the following does not show anything:
> # squidclient mgr: | grep leaks
>
> Also, the config script says:
> --enable-leakfinder     Enable Leak Finding code. Enabling this alone does
> nothing; you also have to modify the source code to
> use the leak finding functions. Probably Useful for
> hackers only.
>

> Is there an "easy" way or a quick guide to enable these leak finding functions?

As the docs you found say, you need to know how to modify the code build
to use it. If you can't read the code to find and do the necessary
additional changes, then this feature is not for you.

The current Squid code has no leaks AFAIK.