microsoft list

Vacheslav
Peace,
Anyone got a url list to block windows update, akamia, and spying from microsoft?

Re: microsoft list

Michael Da Cova
Hi

On 31/07/18 08:55, Vacheslav wrote:
> Peace,
> Anyone got a url list to block windows update, akamia,
you could start by looking at
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/bb693717.aspx
who you going to deal with updates?
> and spying from microsoft?
good luck with that or you could install a linux distro

Re: microsoft list

Vacheslav
Satanic greetings, you really think you are the smartest of us all that we can't think of your stupid suggestion?

> Anyone got a url list to block windows update, akamia,
you could start by looking at
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/bb693717.aspx
who you going to deal with updates?
> and spying from microsoft?
good luck with that or you could install a linux distro

Michael

Re: microsoft list

On 31/07/18 23:32, Vacheslav wrote:
> Satanic greetings, you really think you are the smartest of us all that we can't think of your stupid suggestion?

Please be civil. The response you received was a reasonable answer to
your question.

Both the TechNet article linked and the Squid FAQ config example for
Windows Update contains lists of domains that service uses.

Blocking the rest of Microsoft and all of Akamai *by URL* is a much more
difficult proposition. Between them they host a very large percentage of
Internet domains.

Re: microsoft list

Vacheslav

> Satanic greetings, you really think you are the smartest of us all that we can't think of your stupid suggestion?
>

>Please be civil. The response you received was a reasonable answer to your question.

You won't find any more civil love than that.

>Both the TechNet article linked and the Squid FAQ config example for Windows Update contains lists of domains that service uses.

>Blocking the rest of Microsoft and all of Akamai *by URL* is a much more difficult proposition. Between them they host a very large percentage of Internet domains.

Your last sentence is totally false. I found an open source handy piece of software which lets you choose how much you would like to block, even skype if desired, too bad there isn't a donate button on github or am I missing it?
So I just copied the domains inserted in the hosts file and plugged it in ufdbguard and the people who use this squid have considerably less traffic than others.

>Amos

Re: microsoft list

Eliezer Croitoru
Can you share this git with us?
We are probably not updated enough.
It will probably help others too so.

Can you please share it with us?

> Satanic greetings, you really think you are the smartest of us all that we can't think of your stupid suggestion?
>

>Please be civil. The response you received was a reasonable answer to your question.

You won't find any more civil love than that.

>Both the TechNet article linked and the Squid FAQ config example for Windows Update contains lists of domains that service uses.

>Blocking the rest of Microsoft and all of Akamai *by URL* is a much more difficult proposition. Between them they host a very large percentage of Internet domains.

Your last sentence is totally false. I found an open source handy piece of software which lets you choose how much you would like to block, even skype if desired, too bad there isn't a donate button on github or am I missing it?
So I just copied the domains inserted in the hosts file and plugged it in ufdbguard and the people who use this squid have considerably less traffic than others.

>Amos

Re: microsoft list

Vacheslav
Well since you asked and are actually interested, I am going to reveal the secret just like Vanunu and  Rabin. The program is called disable win track!
But what I don't understand is that too many people get to understand stuff like split and peak and tls and even tougher technical stuff but when it comes to health, they just trust their wizard is giving them the right magic potion! No one would break a thermometer and drink its contents but that is exactly what most do to their dearest beloved ones with disaster loaded needles!

Re: microsoft list

Antony Stone

So, this is https://github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking/releases ?

> But what I don't understand is that too many people get to
> understand stuff like split and peak and tls and even tougher technical
> stuff but when it comes to health, they just trust their wizard is giving
> them the right magic potion! No one would break a thermometer and drink
> its contents but that is exactly what most do to their dearest beloved
> ones with disaster loaded needles!

Er, what?

This is still the Squid cache users' mailing list, isn't it?

Antony.

--
This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this space has
nothing but text explaining that this space would otherwise have been left

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Re: microsoft list

Vacheslav
Well, I am not talking to those who use microwaves and consider snickers a great food

On Tuesday 14 August 2018 at 13:08:25, Vacheslav wrote:

> Well since you asked and are actually interested, I am going to reveal
> the secret just like Vanunu and  Rabin. The program is called disable
> win track!

So, this is https://github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking/releases ?

> But what I don't understand is that too many people get to understand
> stuff like split and peak and tls and even tougher technical stuff but
> when it comes to health, they just trust their wizard is giving them
> the right magic potion! No one would break a thermometer and drink its
> contents but that is exactly what most do to their dearest beloved
> ones with disaster loaded needles!

Er, what?

This is still the Squid cache users' mailing list, isn't it?

Antony.

Well..
It's a Squid-Cache mailing list but you wrote a very long sentence and it's hard to understand.
Health is important and trusting the Wizard is only when he proved himself worthy of it.
Microsoft have been proving that it's worth honor....
If you specifically do not like their updates or caching computability or security then you are in the right place.
Microwave is nice and has benefits and losses but.. it gives easier lives to many.

Here we try to be direct and to not hold a mystery in the text.
You are welcome to add some more technical details to the subject if we do not know about it.

I will try to look at the git repository and learn.

All The Bests,

Well since you asked and are actually interested, I am going to reveal the secret just like Vanunu and  Rabin. The program is called disable win track!
But what I don't understand is that too many people get to understand stuff like split and peak and tls and even tougher technical stuff but when it comes to health, they just trust their wizard is giving them the right magic potion!
No one would break a thermometer and drink its contents but that is exactly what most do to their dearest beloved ones with disaster loaded needles!

Re: microsoft list

Vacheslav
It's not nice to practice hypocrisy, he who believes in evolution goes to magicians!