Quantcast

need an SSL example conf

tkalfaoglu
Hi there. I need help setting up SSL caching -- just for facebook.

It's a small LAN; and I would like to speed up the internet by caching
facebook junk.

I tried to cache all SSL connections --- but connecting to bank web
sites gave us headaches - they are apparently more strict somehow.

Does anyone have anything similar they can share?

Many thanks, -turgut

Re: need an SSL example conf

On 9/04/2017 5:13 p.m., turgut kalfao─člu wrote:
> Hi there. I need help setting up SSL caching -- just for facebook.
>
> It's a small LAN; and I would like to speed up the internet by caching
> facebook junk.
>
> I tried to cache all SSL connections --- but connecting to bank web
> sites gave us headaches - they are apparently more strict somehow.
>
> Does anyone have anything similar they can share?

You mean like ...

 acl monitoredSites ssl::server_name .facebook.com
 ssl_bump bump monitoredSites
 ssl_bump peek all
 ssl_bump splice all

That is the second config example under "Basic Splicing and Bumping" at
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslPeekAndSplice>.