open 256 port

Jonathan thomas Cho

Do I need to use command  ./configure CXXFLAGS="-DMAXTCPLISTENPORTS=256"  to open more than 128 ports still on 3.5 squid? Also where do I enter this command to open more ports? Thank you.

Re: open 256 port

On 21/11/17 18:53, Jonathan thomas Cho wrote:
> Do I need to use command  ./configure
> CXXFLAGS="-DMAXTCPLISTENPORTS=256"  to open more than 128 ports still on
> 3.5 squid? Also where do I enter this command to open more ports? Thank you.

It is a compile option required to use more than 128 *_port lines in
squid.conf, yes. It has nothing to do with the number of TCP ports
opened by those *_port lines though.

See the details on how to compile for your OS
<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BinaryPackages>