option to auto-recreate the ssl db ?

tkalfaoglu
Hi there.. Could we have an option to auto re-create the ssl database?

For some reason, out of nowhere, I start getting these in the cache.log:
security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt
security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt
security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt
security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt

# rpm -qa|grep squid
squid-4.0.17-1.fc25.x86_64

Many thanks, -turgut

Re: option to auto-recreate the ssl db ?

On 18/04/17 16:50, turgut kalfao─člu wrote:

> Hi there.. Could we have an option to auto re-create the ssl database?
>
> For some reason, out of nowhere, I start getting these in the cache.log:
> security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
> to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt
> security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
> to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt
> security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
> to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt
> security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
> to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt

4.0 is beta software. I think its better to find and fix this type of
problem before it becomes a stable release, yes?

If it happens again can you please make a backup copy of the broken
/var/lib/ssl_db folder and report a bug. We will need at least tehat
index.txt fiel attached, the whole-folder backup is just in case the
person who looks into it needs more data from it. Anything you can
figure out about the problem and/or that index.txt file would be worth
mentioning there too.

Thanks