passwd problem

Alex Gutiérrez Martínez

Hello community, yesterday i noticed that one of my users is using a private squid to avoid the tedious problem of typing the password every time he starts session in his browser. The problem is that the squid suddenly started to return in plain text the username and password. Therefore, that information is reflected in my proxy log.

The directive that the user used is:

"cache_peer proxy.mynetwork.cu parent 3229 0 no-query no-digest default login = user1: passwd1"

where "proxy.mynetwork.cu" is my proxy, "user1" the user and "passwd1" the password.

Is there any way to prevent this behavior from happening again?

Thanks in advance

--
Saludos Cordiales

Lic. Alex Gutiérrez Martínez

Tel. +53 7 2710327

Re: passwd problem

On 12/05/18 00:30, Alex Gutiérrez Martínez wrote:

> Hello community, yesterday i noticed that one of my users is using a
> private squid to avoid the tedious problem of typing the password every
> time he starts session in his browser. The problem is that the squid
> suddenly started to return in plain text the username and password.
> Therefore, that information is reflected in my proxy log.
>
> The directive that the user used is:
>
> "cache_peer proxy.mynetwork.cu parent 3229 0 no-query no-digest default
> login = user1: passwd1"

Ensure that there are no whitespace in that login string. It should just be:
 login=user1:passwd1

Also ensure that the user1 and passwd1 are correct values accepted by
the peer for Basic auth.