peek and splice with gnutls

are any of peek and splice (optionally stare) options available when squid
is compiled with gnutls?

Thanks

LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors

Re: peek and splice with gnutls

On 13/12/2019 08:27, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> are any of peek and splice (optionally stare) options available when squid
> is compiled with gnutls?

Unfortunately no. But to compensate we have made it so that if you compile using --with-openssl that will be the library used even if gnutls is auto-detected.

On 13.12.19 18:47, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>Unfortunately no.  But to compensate we have made it so that if you compile
> using --with-openssl that will be the library used even if gnutls is
> auto-detected.

yes, but this means that we need squid compiled with openssl and iirc
there's licensing issue with distributing it as such (iirc due to openssl
and gpl licensing incompatibility)

- Have you got anything without Spam in it?
- Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.

On 13/12/19 10:36 pm, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

>> On 13/12/2019 08:27, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>>> are any of peek and splice (optionally stare) options available when
>>> squid
>>> is compiled with gnutls?
>
> On 13.12.19 18:47, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Unfortunately no.  But to compensate we have made it so that if you
>> compile
>> using --with-openssl that will be the library used even if gnutls is
>> auto-detected.
>
> yes, but this means that we need squid compiled with openssl and iirc
> there's licensing issue with distributing it as such (iirc due to openssl
> and gpl licensing incompatibility)

Key word being "distribute". Anyone is clear to *use* a privately built
installation.

The license clash occurs when one is distributing *both* OpenSSL and
Squid binaries.

We have NGTech and Diladele happily distributing public builds of Squid
with OpenSSL support. They just have to avoid distributing OpenSSL -
which is not a problem for them AFAIK.

Re: peek and splice with gnutls

Alex Rousskov
On 12/13/19 4:59 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 13/12/19 10:36 pm, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>> this means that we need squid compiled with openssl and iirc
>> there's licensing issue with distributing it as such (iirc due to openssl
>> and gpl licensing incompatibility)

> Key word being "distribute". Anyone is clear to *use* a privately built
> installation.
>
> The license clash occurs when one is distributing *both* OpenSSL and
> Squid binaries.

And even the very existence of that clash and its actual effects on the
parties involved are not well understood/established/agreed upon. This
is a gray legal area full of conflicting opinions and lacking solid
legal footing.

Re: peek and splice with gnutls

Matus UHLAR - fantomas

On 13.12.19 07:49, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>And even the very existence of that clash and its actual effects on the
>parties involved are not well understood/established/agreed upon. This
>is a gray legal area full of conflicting opinions and lacking solid
>legal footing.

That's the reason why Debian doesn't distribute squid with openssl support.
And I prefer to use distribution-provided packages.
Saving Private Ryan...
Private Ryan exists. Overwrite? (Y/N)