problem squid squidguard with outlook 2016

problem squid squidguard with outlook 2016

rmohammed
I have a problem with outlook 2016 in my office,

When i activate squid and squidguard,

outlook stop to receive and send emails,

can anyone help me plz?

thanks

Re: problem squid squidguard with outlook 2016

Antony Stone
On Tuesday 07 November 2017 at 14:34:36, rmohammed wrote:

> I have a problem with outlook 2016 in my office,
>
> When i activate squid and squidguard,

Is the behaviour the same if you use Squid without Squidguard?

> outlook stop to receive and send emails,
>
> can anyone help me plz?

Tell us what you see in the access log when people attempt this.

Also, if there is any error message reported by Outlook 2016, please tell us
what it says.

Antony.

--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

 - Daniel C Dennett

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

On Wednesday 08 November 2017 at 13:55:44, Mohammed Rahmatellah wrote:

> hello guys,
>
> this is the access log for squid, and the bloc file (squidguard)

No, don't just send us the entire log files and expect us to work out which
requests were related to the problem.

Pick a specific machine in your internal network, note its IP address, get
Outlook to do its thing at a known time, and then look at the log files for
that IP address at that time to see what happened.

If you can't work things out for yourself based on this guidance, by all means
post those specific entries from your log files here and ask for help.

Oh, and by the way, please answer the other two parts of my reply below:

 - is the behaviour the same if you use Squid without Squidguard?

 - what is the error message reported by Outlook, if any?

--
"In fact I wanted to be John Cleese and it took me some time to realise that
the job was already taken."

 - Douglas Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.