reference_age 1 week

erdosain9
Hi.
I want to put that command
reference_age 1 week

i see that in a lot of tutorial, but... squid give me a error, and stop the
service.
dont recognice the command... that command doesnt exist anymore??

Thanks

pd:there is another way to tell squid how manage the time for the cache
objets??

Re: reference_age 1 week

On 14/12/17 07:52, erdosain9 wrote:
> Hi.
> I want to put that command
> reference_age 1 week
>
> i see that in a lot of tutorial, but... squid give me a error, and stop the
> service.
> dont recognice the command... that command doesnt exist anymore??

Correct. It does not exist since the date 2000-05-15.

Please find some more relevant tutorials. Perhapse the
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/> ones already document what
you need.

> Thanks
>
> pd:there is another way to tell squid how manage the time for the cache
> objets??

Time is what it is. The server tells Squid how old an object was when
delivered. Squid itself tracks the time between that delivery and the
current operation being performed. Those are facts not subject to any
humans wishes.

What you do get to decide is some default parameters to use when the
server does not supply enough details for the heuristic caching
algorithm (defined in <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7234#section-4.2>)
that are used *if* the server and client do not provided them.
  The refresh_pattern directive is used for supplying those parameters.
  <http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/refresh_pattern/>