request future option

joseph
hi dev. guys  i dont know if its ok to post here or in squid or ecap or i-cap
my proposal is  simple to understand
to be able to control  qos_flows tos local-hit=0x?? miss=0??
from adapter ecap or i-cap
example  i have file in locale separate drive  wen the code in adapter detect and send that file
i need to control the qos bit  send  hit  or miss
tks in advanced.

regard joseph

Re: request future option

On 01/06/17 23:06, joseph wrote:
> hi dev. guys  i dont know if its ok to post here or in squid or ecap or i-cap
> my proposal is  simple to understand
> to be able to control  qos_flows tos local-hit=0x?? miss=0??
> from adapter ecap or i-cap
> example  i have file in locale separate drive  wen the code in adapter
> detect and send that file
> i need to control the qos bit  send  hit  or miss
> tks in advanced.

qos_flows HIT/MISS is whether the Squid cache contains the object.

Why are you doing caching buried inside an adapter?

Re: request future option

joseph
its privet file wen matching  url
i need to control  qos_flows tos local-hit=0x??  to a diferent bit then squid  if it will be done

Re: request future option

On 02/06/17 00:11, joseph wrote:
> its privet file wen matching  url
> i need to control  qos_flows tos local-hit=0x??  to a diferent bit then
> squid  if it will be done

Okay. You probably want to use clientside_tos then instead of qos_flows.
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/clientside_tos/>

Re: request future option

On 06/01/2017 05:06 AM, joseph wrote:
> to be able to control  qos_flows tos local-hit=0x?? miss=0??
> from adapter ecap or i-cap

> example  i have file in locale separate drive  wen the code in adapter
> detect and send that file
> i need to control the qos bit  send  hit  or miss

I believe what you want is supported in modern Squids:

1. Your eCAP adapter can set transaction annotations.
   https://answers.launchpad.net/ecap/+question/253497

2. Your clientside_tos rules can select the right TOS marks
   based on those annotations using the "note" ACL

IIRC, ICAP code does not support setting transaction annotations yet.

P.S. Thanks to Amos for pointing out that you want clientside_tos
instead of qos_flows.

Re: request future option

joseph
well  another good idea
        clientside_tos ds-field [!]aclname ...
--------------------------------------
        acl normal_service_net src 10.0.0.0/24
        acl good_service_net src 10.0.1.0/24
        clientside_tos 0x00 normal_service_net
        clientside_tos 0x20 good_service_net

almost got me never seen that befor but  it will be wondeful if  normal acl regex  matching url
example: its good to send mark on acl base for limiting the speed in router to thgose DSCP
or puch hi speed to those as that example
acl match_updates url_regex -i  \.picaso\.org.*\.avi
clientside_tos 0x20 match_updates

but wat i need is diferent  if a file come from ecap the adapter will send command to squid to force dscp tos  to a value that in adapter itself like

virtual void SetTos(std::string &value);
std::string dscpTmp = 0x50;
SetTos(dscpTmp );

that wen the file sent from the adapter set tos to xx
so i can tell if the file exist or not
tks

Re: request future option

Alex Rousskov
On 06/01/2017 11:29 AM, joseph wrote:
> if a file come from ecap the adapter will send
> command to squid to force dscp tos  to a value that in adapter itself like
>
> virtual void SetTos(std::string &value);
> std::string dscpTmp = 0x50;
> SetTos(dscpTmp );

You cannot convert an eCAP-set annotation into a TOS mark, but you can
write an ACL that will detect a specific eCAP-set annotation value and
then use that ACL to set the corresponding mark. If you have 100
different TOS mark values, it will be a little tedious (without
automation) but if you only have a few, then no automation is needed:

  acl tosMark50 note tosMark 50
  acl tosMark60 note tosMark 60

  clientside_tos 0x50 toMark50
  clientside_tos 0x60 toMark60