Quantcast

rtsp on squid

Gerardo Valdez Andrade-2

      Hi

there is support for RTSP protocol on Squid 2.6 STABLE14?

i've a videorecorder NR7401 (vivotek) and i want access it via web , but i can't through squid 2.6

NR7401 use MJPG video

how  can i  view NR7401 through squid 2.6??
how can i skip NR7401 from Squid 2.6??

Best Regards

Gerardo Valdez Andrade

2009-11-20

Gerardo Valdez Andrade

La información de este correo electrónico y archivos adjuntos puede contener información legalmente reservada ó confidencial.
Si usted ha recibido esta comunicación por error, favor de eliminar todas las copias electrónicas de esta comunicación y destruir todas las copias en papel.
ANTES DE IMPRIMIR piensa en tu responsabilidad con el medio MEDIO AMBIENTE.

Re: rtsp on squid

Henrik Nordström
fre 2009-11-20 klockan 12:35 -0700 skrev Gerardo Valdez Andrade:

> there is support for RTSP protocol on Squid 2.6 STABLE14?

Squid is an HTTP proxy, so no.

You need either NAT with RTSP support or an RTSP proxy for
RTSP, if no direct connection is possible.

RTSP tunneled over HTTP works via Squid however.

Regards
Henrik

Re: rtsp on squid

Matus UHLAR - fantomas

On 21.11.09 03:46, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Squid is an HTTP proxy, so no.
>
> You need either NAT with RTSP support or an RTSP proxy for
> RTSP, if no direct connection is possible.
>
> RTSP tunneled over HTTP works via Squid however.

Note that there's no effect in tunneling RTSP over HTTP, except a bit more
"anonymity". The downsides are possible leaks if anything wrong happened to
the SQUID proxy or the machine it's running on.

Unles anyone implements RTSP to squid or any other proxy, it's useless to
use that proxy for RSTP.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.