socks on squid, still working?

mzgmedia
is still working to compile squid to be socks server? I didn't manage to do
it

"Intercept.cc:(.text._ZN2Ip9Intercept14ProbeForTproxyERNS_7AddressE+0x93):
undefined reference to `SOCKSbind'
Intercept.cc:(.text._ZN2Ip9Intercept14ProbeForTproxyERNS_7AddressE+0x13e):
undefined reference to `SOCKSbind'
"

Re: socks on squid, still working?

On 30/07/18 09:12, mzgmedia wrote:
> is still working to compile squid to be socks server? I didn't manage to do
> it
>
> "Intercept.cc:(.text._ZN2Ip9Intercept14ProbeForTproxyERNS_7AddressE+0x93):
> undefined reference to `SOCKSbind'
> Intercept.cc:(.text._ZN2Ip9Intercept14ProbeForTproxyERNS_7AddressE+0x13e):
> undefined reference to `SOCKSbind'
> "

Should be possible still. Check the symbol names provided by your SOCKS
library.

SOCKSbind is a specific symbol name defined by SOCKSv4 libraries. The
SOCKSv5 library I use exports 'R' symbols instead. Rbind etc.

Re: socks on squid, still working?

mzgmedia
the export of variable doesn't seems to work for me

export CFLAGS=" -Dbind=SOCKSbind "
export CXXFLAGS=" -Dbind=SOCKSbind "
export LDADD=" -lsocks "

so I'm trying to do  via

./configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
--target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu \
..
..
..
--enable-follow-x-forwarded-for=no \
'build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
'target_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' \
'CFLAGS=-Dbind=SOCKSbind -ltcmalloc_minimal -Os -ffunction-sections
-fdata-sections  -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--build-id=none -pipe -fexceptions
-march=native ' \
'CXXFLAGS=-Dbind=SOCKSbind -ltcmalloc_minimal -Os -ffunction-sections
-fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--build-id=none  -pipe  -fexceptions
-march=native' \
'LDADD=-lsocks '

so I don't think that lsocks is taken?

I'm using centos6

On 02/08/18 02:19, mzgmedia wrote:
> the export of variable doesn't seems to work for me
>
> export CFLAGS=" -Dbind=SOCKSbind "
> export CXXFLAGS=" -Dbind=SOCKSbind "
> export LDADD=" -lsocks "

As I said earlier, you need to check the library symbol names match the
ones you are telling the compiler to use instead of bind().

The error you had earlier was that the SOCKSbind name could not be found
in any library. Squid code does not use that function name anywhere, so
that error could only happen if the export *was* working - but the
library not being found.

> so I'm trying to do  via
>
> ./configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
> --target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu \
> ..
> ..
> ..
> --enable-follow-x-forwarded-for=no \
> 'build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
> 'target_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' \
> 'CFLAGS=-Dbind=SOCKSbind -ltcmalloc_minimal -Os -ffunction-sections
> -fdata-sections  -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--build-id=none -pipe -fexceptions
> -march=native ' \
> 'CXXFLAGS=-Dbind=SOCKSbind -ltcmalloc_minimal -Os -ffunction-sections
> -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--build-id=none  -pipe  -fexceptions
> -march=native' \

AFAIK you should not combine cross-compilation (--build/--host/--target)
with -march=native (compile optimizations for local machines CPU
specific abilities).

> 'LDADD=-lsocks '
>
> so I don't think that lsocks is taken?

Do you have libsocks development version installed in the OS default
location?

Re: socks on squid, still working?

mzgmedia
thank you for the answers, I really appreciated

"Do you have libsocks development version installed in the OS default
location? "
is possible to tell me the name of the package or the path, I've installed
via yum all the packages which had "sock" on the name/description but still
doesn't work

On 02/08/18 07:19, mzgmedia wrote:
> thank you for the answers, I really appreciated
>
> "Do you have libsocks development version installed in the OS default
> location? "
> is possible to tell me the name of the package or the path, I've installed
> via yum all the packages which had "sock" on the name/description but still
> doesn't work

Unfortunately I don't know what SOCKS library is called on your OS. It
is usually libsocks-dev or libsocks-devel. Though it may omit the "lib"
part of the name, and may include numerics.

Someone more familiar with your OS may be able to assist better. AFAIK
that should be the only detail you need to get sorted properly.