Quantcast

software based on squid

Pitti, Raul
Hi!
I remember someone on the list mentioning a commercial filtering
software, wich run on RH . I think the Software company is from
australia, and what i like most is the cost.. but somehow i managed to
delete my bookmarks (to much work..., to late on the night  ;-)).
can you people recommended a good commercial content filtering able to
run on RedHat?

thanks!
RP
--
--------------------
Raúl Pittí Palma, Eng.

Global Engineering and Technology S.A.
mobile (507)-6616-0194
office (507)-390-4338
Republic of Panama
www.globaltecsa.com

Re: software based on squid

Chris Nighswonger
On 5/13/07, Pitti, Raul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
> I remember someone on the list mentioning a commercial filtering
> software, wich run on RH . I think the Software company is from
> australia, and what i like most is the cost.. but somehow i managed to
> delete my bookmarks (to much work..., to late on the night  ;-)).
> can you people recommended a good commercial content filtering able to
> run on RedHat?

Smoothwall (Commercial) is based on Dansguardian (Open source
w/commercial user restrictions). http://smoothwall.net/ and
http://www.dansguardian.org

Chris

RE: software based on squid

Pitti, Raul
those are one of the most commonly found in a google search.  I vaguely remember a name like jovi, or juube, or jopit ????...  It is an australian company.
thanks again for the help!
--------------------
Raúl D. Pittí Palma
Associate
Global Engineering and Technologies
mobile (507)-6616-0194
office (507)-264-2362
Republic of Panama
www.globaltecsa.com

On 5/13/07, Pitti, Raul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
> I remember someone on the list mentioning a commercial filtering
> software, wich run on RH . I think the Software company is from
> australia, and what i like most is the cost.. but somehow i managed to
> delete my bookmarks (to much work..., to late on the night  ;-)).
> can you people recommended a good commercial content filtering able to
> run on RedHat?

Smoothwall (Commercial) is based on Dansguardian (Open source
w/commercial user restrictions). http://smoothwall.net/ and
http://www.dansguardian.org

Chris

Re: software based on squid

Pitti, Raul wrote:
> those are one of the most commonly found in a google search.  I vaguely remember a name like jovi, or juube, or jopit ????...  It is an australian company.
> thanks again for the help!

You don't mean Jesred or ReJik do you?

Anyway, what you want is to read:

http://new.squid-cache.org/Support/products.dyn