squid 2.6 stable13, tproxy and wccp

Ming-Ching Tiew

First of all the good news. I have gotten squid to work in bridge mode
and tproxy on kernel 2.6.18, squid 2.6 stable13 and uclibc 0.9.28.

And I managed to use ebtables/iptables to transparently provide
web caching.

But now the bad news, I could not get it to work using wccp, as soon as
I configure wccp_router xx.xx.xx.xx or  wccp2_router xx.xx.xx.xx, then
I will get this error in my cache.log :-

2007/07/04 14:41:34| WCCP Disabled.
2007/07/04 14:41:34| commBind: Cannot bind socket FD 14 to *:2048: (98)
Address already in use
FATAL: Cannot open WCCP Port

I have practically removed all other (networking) processes and
the problem still persist.

           # netstat -naut

( Nothing is using port 2048 )

This is how I compiled it on uclibc 0.9.28 :-

 ./configure \
--prefix=/mnt/squid \
--enable-follow-x-forwarded-for \
--enable-linux-tproxy \
--enable-linux-netfilter \
--enable-snmp

( I take it that wccp is enabled by default and I check config.log, it
indeeded said it's ON  ).

Now I search the entire web I could not find someone else having
similar problem as mine. So I am hoping someone could give some
pointers to identity the problem. I hope it's not a uclibc problem .....

Appreciate it

Re: squid 2.6 stable13, tproxy and wccp

Ming-Ching Tiew

> But now the bad news, I could not get it to work using wccp, as soon as
> I configure wccp_router xx.xx.xx.xx or  wccp2_router xx.xx.xx.xx, then
> I will get this error in my cache.log :-
>
> 2007/07/04 14:41:34| WCCP Disabled.
> 2007/07/04 14:41:34| commBind: Cannot bind socket FD 14 to *:2048: (98)
> Address already in use
> FATAL: Cannot open WCCP Port

OK I have fixed the problem. I tweaked a few kernel CONFIGs and
recompile a  new kernel, it's now working. So it's not uClibc problem at
all,
but I am unsure which exactly the kernel CONFIGs which fixes the problem.
I will perhaps isolate it later as in the meantime I would like to move on
other things first.

Regards.

Re: squid 2.6 stable13, tproxy and wccp

Adrian Chadd
On Thu, Jul 05, 2007, Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:

> OK I have fixed the problem. I tweaked a few kernel CONFIGs and
> recompile a  new kernel, it's now working. So it's not uClibc problem at
> all,
> but I am unsure which exactly the kernel CONFIGs which fixes the problem.
> I will perhaps isolate it later as in the meantime I would like to move on
> other things first.

Cool! Would you mind sharing the configs you've used to get this
going?

Adrian